Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
neetu_singh
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III

Issue with Print Report

Hi All,

I have created one report in qlikview using "Report >> Edit Report" and on a button added a action "Print Report".

Earlier it was working fine at Access Point. But few days back, have updated Server with QV11 SR12. And after that we are not getting single report while clicking on Print report.

We also tried by searching all temp folders on server but could not find any pdf file anywhere as earlier when we clicked on the Button for print then that file was opening in the browser itself in another tab. But now we are not getting.

Any suggestion.

Labels (1)
9 Replies
tresesco
MVP
MVP

Plugin or Ajax? If plugin, did you upgrade the plugin as well?

neetu_singh
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III
Author

Using AJAX.

tresesco
MVP
MVP

Is it working in the server itself? Have you checked if the server's Print Spooler service is off or on? PDF writer is installed in the server?

neetu_singh
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III
Author

Hi Tresesco,

Actually we are not distributing any PDF file to user. What we are doing is, we have created one report under "edit report" tab & adding this report on button action as "Print Report". when user click on Print report button. It is opening the file in a browser itself but in another tab.

Earlier it was working fine but after upgradation to SR12 it is not working.

Any suggestion

tresesco
MVP
MVP

Hi,

What I understood is - in ajax client 'print' works a bit differently (at least till some earlier version). The client itself doesn't print the pdf; it is server that print the pdf and allows the ajax client to download. That is what make the print spooler/writer needed I mentioned earlier (even though it is not 'pdf distribution') . Are you sure spooler/pdf writer was not there earlier in the server? What is the error you are getting?

neetu_singh
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III
Author

yeah am sure, we were not using spooler earlier.

Am not getting any error. when I clicked on print button, application (@SERVER) got hangged & i need to kill that page & open it again.

tresesco
MVP
MVP

So, I will assume that ajax has started printing at client side now. And that would require client side pdf writer. And that is there right? If so, I am running sort of ideas. May be you need to seek qlik help here. Bill bbt‌ could you please have a look into it?

tresesco
MVP
MVP

One more thing I would try. Try in different version of browser.

neetu_singh
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III
Author

I tried the same in ie-Plug in & it's working fine but not in AJAX