Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
MT4
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator

master template

Hi,

I would like to use my own template (ie backgrounds, Company logos etc) when I produce templates in NPrinting, without havint to redo them every time I make new reports.

What is the easiest way to do this?

THANKS!!!

Michelle

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Frank_S
Support
Support

Michelle,

NPrinting is set up to do this very easily.

In the report window:

- select the 3 dots (elipses) to select your own template, then click 'edit'

Once in the report editor window, remember to save as a different template name.

report editor.PNG

This will allow you to keep your master template in tact.

Please remember hit the 'Like' button and for helpful answers and resolutions, click on the 'Accept As Solution' button. Cheers!

View solution in original post

4 Replies
Frank_S
Support
Support

Michelle,

NPrinting is set up to do this very easily.

In the report window:

- select the 3 dots (elipses) to select your own template, then click 'edit'

Once in the report editor window, remember to save as a different template name.

report editor.PNG

This will allow you to keep your master template in tact.

Please remember hit the 'Like' button and for helpful answers and resolutions, click on the 'Accept As Solution' button. Cheers!
Anonymous
Not applicable

This really is one of those catch 22 scenarios.   We have a master template that we use and just rename it for each new project that we start.  I think the purpose of the template is just to give you a common starting point.   You do want to rename it for each project as the template is saved every time you add new objects.  I don't want to delete all of the objects from another projects when starting a new one.   You don't have to create the template in NPrinting.  For example any PPT file can be opened and become your template.  All you are doing is adding objects to the document.

MT4
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator
Author

Thanks a lot for your answer!!!

MT4
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator
Author

Thanks for your input!!