Defect acknowledgement with Nprinting Engine May 2022 SR2, please READ HERE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Use of Group Dimension in Nprinting Report

Good Morning,

Is it possible to control the Group Dimension of a chart from Nprinting? As an example, I have a chart that displays the year to date data by both month and week controlled by a group dimension called "Month/Week". If not, is there any work around to get the chart that I need if it is not the default view?

Thanks.

11 Replies
Stephen_Jasionowski

Are you talking about a cyclic group that will show the chart with either monthly or weekly values? Or is this a combined dimension that you are creating in the script?

Not applicable
Author

I believe I am referring to the cyclic group (however, I am not the developer of the application). Maybe the screenshots below can answer your question.

sijojoseph22
Creator II
Creator II

NPrinting will take the selected 'Group Dimension' in the QVW.

Not applicable
Author

I believe you are rererring to cycle groups and yes you can, depending on the version of NPrinting

Not applicable
Author

it will do that by default but depending on the version you are on, there is a property that will allow you to select which group you want your chart to show

Not applicable
Author

it looks like you are referring to a cycle group - there is a way to specify which cycle you want to use, and thought it was on the properties of the object, but can't seem to find it

Frank.Savino‌, stephen.jasionowski‌ - can you pleae assist?

Stephen_Jasionowski

Then you want to refer to this guide to determine which dimension is displayed in the report: How to Manage Dimensions Containing Cyclic Groups in Word, Excel, PowerPoint and HTML Reports

Note: if you want the report to show one chart with week and one with month, add the image twice to to the template, configure one to show week and the other to show month in the properties grid for each image. Then just drag-and-drop into the template document.

Not applicable
Author

Thanks stephen

I forgot that when you bring the object in as a table, the option to select the cycle group only shows in the property of the dimension you are cycling (the name of the cycle group in the applciation)

Not applicable
Author

I have version 16.2.0.0 (SR2). Is there a more recent version, because I don't see that option when pulling in images in PowerPoint?

Thanks