Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jakob_hansen
Partner - Contributor
Partner - Contributor

Intel E7 v3 performance

Hi

Have anyone ever used a Intel E7 v3. I want to know the performance. I have a customer who want to use a server with E7 v3 CPU's

2 Replies
hps
Employee
Employee

Hi Jakob,

When looking at the current lineup of E7 v3 chipsets: Intel® Xeon® Processor E7 v3 Family

there are few, if any, that would be exceptional.

The ideal E7-4850v3  is outperformed by their v2 counterpart E7-4890v2 in nearly every aspect (clock speed, cores).

It is still unclear how the QPI links are connected when using an E7-88xx chipset in a four socket server, and it is yet to be tested. If the results for those are good then the ET-8890 v3 could be a solid option, but again it is not tested by us.

I'd recommend having them going for E7-4890 v2 or similar, which are proven to be good.

Regards,

Hampus von Post

gustavgager
Partner - Creator II
Partner - Creator II

I know this is an old Thread, but if anyone else is facing this issue i would suggest ignoring the E7s and go with the E5 isnstead. The E5s have enough cores for almost all installations of QV. If you are building a Publisher then you should go with higher clockspeed and lower core count (Like 2643v4,2667v4 or 2689v4). For a QVS you could use more cores but i would not go over 32 physical cores. After that you could go with higher clockspeed (like two 2684v4)