Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Qlikview patching

First time I am going to apply patch on the server. So i need your suggestion -

We are using QlikView 11 SR 10 and have a plan to upgrade it to QlikView 11 SR12. We have three servers-

Machine 1-

QV directory service

QV server service

Machine 2-

QV distribution service

QV management service

Machine 3-

IIS

Please let me know what screen will come while upgrade(Machine 1,2,3).

Can I select individual componet while upgrade(for machine 1- DSC, QS 2- QDS ,QMS 3- IIS?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Bill_Britt
Former Employee
Former Employee

Hi,

1. I beleive license file not required to upgrade This is correct.

2. Existing installation doesn't required to be uninstall This is correct

3. If we upgrade SR10 to QV new version 12 then is it straight forward upgrade That is correct.

4.There will be no more RISK if we take back up of QLIKTECH folder will not  I would back up the QVPR folder. This holds all your Publisher task.

Bill

Bill - Principal Technical Support Engineer at Qlik
To help users find verified answers, please don't forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any posts that helped you resolve your problem or question.

View solution in original post

7 Replies
Bill_Britt
Former Employee
Former Employee

Hi,

There will be not screen to show up when you are running the upgrade. It will see what you have installed and upgrade those items.

The only think you need to watch out for is if you have a Qlik Service installed and disable, the upgrade will enable that service.

Bill

To help users find verified answers, please don't forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any posts that helped you resolve your problem or question.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Mnay thanks for your response.

It will be helpful if you please let us know that while upgrading QlikView IIS which option can come and which component will I install?I think IIS only we need to install.

Bill_Britt
Former Employee
Former Employee

Hi,

Are you doing a new install or upgrade? If you are doing an upgrade the installer will match the items that are already installed. We only put Qlik files on and don't change any feature that has been installed on IIS.

Bill

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Excellent.

We are going to upgrdae from Qlik 11.2 SR10 to SR12.

I have few queries in my mind-I think you can help.

1. I beleive license file not required to upgrade

2. Existing installation doesn't required to be uninstall

3. If we upgrade SR10 to QV new version 12 then is it straight forward upgrade

4.There will be no more RISK if we take back up of QLIKTECH folder will not

Thanks for your extreme help.

TC

Bill_Britt
Former Employee
Former Employee

Hi,

1. I beleive license file not required to upgrade This is correct.

2. Existing installation doesn't required to be uninstall This is correct

3. If we upgrade SR10 to QV new version 12 then is it straight forward upgrade That is correct.

4.There will be no more RISK if we take back up of QLIKTECH folder will not  I would back up the QVPR folder. This holds all your Publisher task.

Bill

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Thanks again.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi Bill,

One last query from my side-

Already shared we are going to Upgrade QV 11.2 SR10 to SR12 and we are using IE plugin client. Do we need to upgrade plugin also while upgrading server?

Regards