Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Qlikview webserver recreated config.xml does not point to cluster?

Hi,

Our web server was giving some errors related to the config.xml so I deleted it and restarted the IIS and Qlikview settings services. The management console still shows that the web server is running and points correctly to the webserver

However, the newly created config.xml only points to the localhost while the old config.xml was pointing to to the cluster. I had to manually put the cluster settings in the config.xml in order for the access point to work with the correct qlikview cluster

My question is that why is the web.config not automatically pointing to the cluster? Is there any other steps I need to do in order for the config.xml to automatically recognize the Qlikview cluster and management and directory service connector?

Labels (2)
1 Reply
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

"Our web server was giving some errors related to the config.xml so I deleted it"

Difficult to comment further without knowing what the errors were. Having said that, I'm pretty confident that just deleting the config.xml would be the last thing you would want to try.

Most settings within the config file are managed through the QMC and any attempt to resolve the errors you encountered should first have been tried through the QMC. Can you restore to a back up of the config.xml and try that?

Can you then effect the changes you need to configure the cluster in QMC. If QMC is still showing the cluster info you previously had, try restarting the QlikView Management Service.

And to your final paragraph

"Is there any other steps I need to do in order for the config.xml to automatically recognize the Qlikview cluster and management and directory service connector?"

All of this should be done through QMC.