cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
IAMDV
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

QlikSense Extensions API Documentation

Is there any more documentation on QlikSense Extensions API? Only thing I could find is this one.

I'm looking for some kind of data dictionary which shows all the properties and methods with some examples. Is there something like that?

Thanks,

DV

www.QlikShare.com

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Not applicable

Deepak,

The methods you see are it for the extension api.  In many cases, the other apis like the backend and mashup (now capabilities) are used in conjunction with the extension api.  The 2.x documentation has more examples of the methods for the backend and capabilities apis.

Backend API

Capability APIs

View solution in original post

7 Replies
reddy-s
Master II
Master II

Hi Deepak,

The one whic you have mentioned is the only one which I have come accross as well. I would also suggest you to debugg the visualization extensions in QlikSense. I personally learnt a lot doing that.

Apart from this, I would even suggest you to have a look at external Jquery libraries. These links below should be helpfull:

D3 Tutorial Table of Contents | DashingD3js.com

http://www.chartjs.org/docs/

Qlik Sense Visualization Extensions - Living Tutorial

And your blog www.QlikShare.com has been very helpful to me. Thank you for that.

- Sangram Reddy.

IAMDV
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni
Author

Hi Sangram,

Thanks for taking time to reply back and kind words. I'm not looking for tutorials to learn rather I am looking for detailed documentation if any.

Thanks,

DV

Not applicable

Deepak,

The methods you see are it for the extension api.  In many cases, the other apis like the backend and mashup (now capabilities) are used in conjunction with the extension api.  The 2.x documentation has more examples of the methods for the backend and capabilities apis.

Backend API

Capability APIs

IAMDV
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni
Author

Thank you Jeffrey. That's helpful. Also, I assume that we should use RequireJS as module loader and there is no other way around right? Does this apply to backend and capability APIs?

Not applicable

Yes, that's true.  Here are a couple of videos to check out that demonstrate using the other apis.  It's mashup, but the usage would be the same in an extension.

BookmarkMethod.mp4 - Google Drive

FieldSelections.mp4 - Google Drive

IAMDV
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni
Author

Many thanks Jeffrey.

IAMDV
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni
Author

Hi Jeffrey,

I saw your videos and they are very helpful. One question on bookmarks mashup - how can we create same functionality as extensions instead of mashup? I mean JS code can be re-used but how can we integrate html and css within existing scope of QS environment as extension? Do you have an example for that please?

Also, are these examples are in Qlik branch?

Thanks,

DV