Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Brian_Munz
Employee
Employee

"Qva is not defined" error in Workbench 10

Hi all,

I'm hoping this is a very simple issue since I'm not trying to do anything overly complicated. I'm trying to set up a workbench page, and I did all the needful steps of getting it installed, etc. So, when I try to create a new object, I find the document no problem, choose the type of object and the object ID no problem. However, when I try to actually view the page in Debug made, the spots where the objects should be are blank and I get an error of "Qva is not defined."

The server has the workbench license on it, so that's not the problem.

Any suggestions?

Thanks.

12 Replies
Brian_Munz
Employee
Employee
Author

The demo qlikview site itself is actually a regular webpage that simply uses the Ajax call that is normally made by access point. From there on it's all custom manipulation of the XML. Firebug will become your best friend if it's not already.

Not applicable

When creating a site for QlikView, be sure to download the exact apps
that are in the Default Web Site and check the permissions of that folder (C: \ Program
Files \ QlikView \) and also verify that the user is configured to run the
service together if the user is in Administrators group QlikView.

Not applicable

I've had such problems with this same "QVA is undefined" output. This is the closest thread to hone in on the topic and I cannot seem to find a debugging flowchart anywhere to diagnose my IIS settings/QV workbench installation (I have less than 3 months working with QV, and all i know for backend is php).

I do know I have QV 11 and IIS, developping on ASP.NET. I guess I'm just complaining that the documentation is scarce.