Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

"Your installation of Qlikview has exceeded the maximum number!"

Hi everyone,

I am a new born with Qlikview, and I think this might be a common issue with all the new starters. It will be great if anyone can help.

I am working on converting some of the reports from spreadsheet to move interactive formats, and our IT suggested me to have a look on Qlikview desktop. I work in a bank with Qlikview servers running, and the best way to get my work supported is to use the existing facilities. If the outcome is as good as my existing report then we will start to migrate to this platform. I have downloaded the software earlier this week and installed it yesterday. After I downloaded a few tutorial/demo from internet, I can't use QlikView desktop anymore with the following msg. 

"Your installation of Qlikview has exceeded the maximum number.................."

I have google it and the most close answer I get so far is msg John Trigg and help me to reset my installation.

I tried to pm him in the John but then realize I need to be connected to him, and I tried to follow him but it is now waiting approval.

Anyone in the forum could help me out please, or John, if you see this post, would you please help me out?

Thanks and regards,

Rui

8 Replies
ramasaisaksoft

Hi Rui,

Basically this errors throws in Qlikview Desktop edition without License key/Free Edition.

Not applicable
Author

Hey,

Check this out

Receiving "...Qlikview has exceeded the maximum number of document recoveries allowed..." error mess...

Or else try this

Go to settings in qlikview, click on user preferences and there is license tab.

Click on clear License Information and it will clear your license information

Restart QV Client Tool after clearing license

File > Open in Server

Under Server type

qvp://PRODUCTION_SERVER_NAME

click on Connect

Open document Administration > Samples  > Golf Quest

Exit

Try opening the dashboard.

HTH-KC

Not applicable
Author

Well,

That's the expected behavior when you have already spent the whole four license change attempts. Please check this document to better understand how QlikView Personal Edition works.

Hope that helps.

Regards,

KC

buzzy996
Master II
Master II

this is issue bcz of u r trying to open the application created by some one using ur local qlikview desktop "tht's with out license means personal license".

Not applicable
Author

Thanks for your reply. I have cleaned up my installation yesterday and had it work, but now I can't download online materials to study, otherwise the issue will come back again. Any suggestions on how to workaround, any particular settings may fix this? Otherwise, a software with no online community seems no worth invest efforts...Thanks in advance.

Rui

jagan
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

Hi,

Without license Qlikview allows to open files created by others for 4 times after that it will throw this error.  You cannot open the file created by others or created in another machine.  While saving the Qlikview file it also saves the Machine key and user created, so next when a file is opening it will compare this details if it not matches then it will throw this error.

You can open files created by you in the same machine any number of times, there is no restriction on this.

To overcome this issue you have to lease license from your Qlikview server if any.

Hope this helps you.

Regards,

Jagan.

Not applicable
Author

Thanks Jagan,

I am a new starter, and trying to learn from others. Most of online communities working on qlikviews shares their jobs in qvw formats. Without open them, I don't know how I suppose to learn......

jagan
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

If there is no such restriction then who will buy Qlikview software everyone can use the it for free.  There is no other restrictions, no trial period like other softwares you can use it for any number of days/years.  You can download samples from Demo.qlik.com, you can open this files because it has an embedded license.

Regards,

jagan