Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

How to not associate of fields with the same Name.

Hi Guys, I started with QV just couple days ago, So I am sorry if my question is somehow not qualified, my problem is following:

I would like to load Number of excel tables into one QV document. And need to have some of the fields with the same name not associated. The QV is automatically associating the tables through the fields with the same name, is there a way to restrict this?

As example, I have 40 tables with sales data including the field "Product", but in each country I have different products, The CV is associating the Field Product because of the same name, but I want them to be separate for the purposes of filter by product for the each country. Is there a way, how to for example index them, or other solution? I will be very happy for any suggestion.

Thank you very much for any Idea.

3 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

QlikView will automatically connect fields with the same name. If you want to break that, rename one of the fields.

However, in your case I can't see why you want to split up the product field just because they belong to different countries. Just use Country as a dimension in the charts or select a country in a listbox to filter on that country.

Not applicable
Author

you can use an alias..

maneshkhottcpl
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III

Hi,

U can use 'Field NAme' as NewName

of before load statement use

Qualify *;

statement, which will use to resolve issue.