Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
isaiah82
Creator III
Creator III

GetExtendedProperty (undocumented?) Function

Hi All - using QV 10 SR1 here.

I make extensive use of the QV system functions, most of which start with "Get."  Just typing get into an expression editor will show a GetExtendedProperty funciton with the following syntax:

str GetExtendedProperty ([name[, objectid]])

I think I could make some good use of this, but I can't seem to find any documention in the help file, PDF or QV forum.  I tried to plug in some properties taken from the APIGuide.qvw but I'm either not getting the syntax correct or this is not a valid function.

Anybody used this before and can shed any light?   -Isaiah

5 Replies
patrickanderson
Partner - Contributor III
Partner - Contributor III

I also saw this one today and was wondering how to use it as well? Did you ever find anything?

isaiah82
Creator III
Creator III
Author

Nothing 😃  Maybe with this bumped to the top we'll get some hits.

Anybody have any info regarding this function??

rwunderlich
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

My guess is that this is related to Extension Objects, which can contain extended properties.

-Rob

Not applicable

Found a reference to this here

http://qlikcommunity.s3.amazonaws.com/misc/Qv11/definition.htm

Introduction

QlikView uses an XML file to define extension properties. The Definition.xml file is mandatory, and defines properties of the extensions, like how many Dimensions and Measures are used. It can also be used to initialize properties in the extension and to generate a user interface for setting up the extension.
Syntax for the Definition.xml file is as follows:

Not applicable

If like me you googled and found this old thread, I would point to this message for the solution.