maxime66
Creator
Creator

NPRINTING - Recipient filter

Hi !

Here is my issue :

I would like to send an email to each of my salers including two Excel files

- One file with results of the saler

- One file with Global results (so they can compare with)

For now i am just able to send salers results using custom recipient filter ,  Field : saler {name_of_saler} ...

Thanks for your help !

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Stephen_Jasionowski

Start by creating a filter that will clear all selections on the saler field. How to Create Static and Dynamic Filters Based on Fields

Capture.JPG

You can then clone the report that you are currently using for each saler. In the Filters section of the report menu, add the selection clearing filter to the newly cloned report.

From there add the report to the task and that version should give you the file with global results.

View solution in original post

6 Replies
Not applicable

here is what I suggest

you could create 1 report that have the same object in it showing the sales person and the amount

for each recipient you would ahve a filter in nprinting for just their inforamtion (each of the 3 people would get the report with jsut one row

you would then have the recipients in again without filters, which would then give them the report showing everyones inforamtion

If you are sending everyone a report with all of the inforamtion on it, I am not sure why you need to send them a report with jsut their inforamtion and another report with everything - can you not send everyone the entire report?

what about one report that shows levels by each person and then after the levels the total

each recipient would then not ahve any filters

Stephen_Jasionowski

Start by creating a filter that will clear all selections on the saler field. How to Create Static and Dynamic Filters Based on Fields

Capture.JPG

You can then clone the report that you are currently using for each saler. In the Filters section of the report menu, add the selection clearing filter to the newly cloned report.

From there add the report to the task and that version should give you the file with global results.

Not applicable

since you can send them just their inforamtion, you will need to crate the recipients again (each one would be their twice) and add them to the goup or recipient list in the taks.  since the sencon set of recipients will not ahve filters they will get the unfiltered reports which include everythng

maxime66
Creator
Creator
Author

Hi Adam and Stephen,

This solution works fine !

I thought the recipient filter was the last filter before sending mail , but actually "Report Filter" can cancel "Recipient Filter " ...

Thanks for your precious help !

++

max.

maxime66
Creator
Creator
Author

Hi, not sure to have understood everything

But do you know if we can in a "Report task" activate (or desactivate) some recipient filters ?

Ex for my salers (2 rows in recipient table):

Filter1   {name_of_saler} ...

Filter2   {country of saler} ...

i would like in some reports to activate the country filter as well ...

Thks.

Not applicable

I do not beleive you can activiate or deactivate a filter in a task, but a feature that may accomplish what you are looking for is conditions

you can crate a condition and asign it and the report is only crated if the condition is meot or not met, depending on how you set it up

How to Control Report Generation with Conditions