cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
zagzebski
Creator
Creator

Clearing multiple fields in one trigger

I have a few buttons where I clear multiple fields from the same table. However I always have to do it one by one using the "Clear Field" option. Is there a way to clear multiple fields in one step? (Note: I don't want to clear all fields)

Steve

11 Replies
marcus_sommer

Maybe you could use a reversed logic by applying a selection to these calencar-fields with a search-expression like: =null() which has the same effect like a clear-action and then you put those selections for all of your calendar-fields into a bookmark which will be applied on top to the other selections. And then you called this bookmark-action with your button.

- Marcus

Anonymous
Not applicable

You can create a variable, let's say vClearFields, create a trigger on this vClearFields variable input action. Set all the fields that you want to clear in that trigger's action. Now, wherever you want to clear all those fields, you just need to set some value(whatever could be value, whatever times you want to assign) to that variable, which will provoke that trigger and it will clear all the required fields that you want to clear.

To cut it short, this will prevent you from not writing clear fields all the time where you want to clear those fields. You just need to set some value to variable and that'll clear selected fields.

Hope this helps !