Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Using security groups with both section access and AccessPoint

Hello all,

I’m working on a dashboard that has security that’s a little more complex than what I’ve worked on before. 

·        I need to provide the Security_Group_Admins security group with access to the QVW

·        I need to provide both the Security_Group_Admins AND the Security_Group_Users security groups with viewing privileges in AccessPoint.

·        There is  no data reduction needed for the dashboard/users

My section access code looks like the following:

Section Access;
load * inline [
        ACCESS, %FLAG_ADMIN, NTNAME, %SECROLE, %SECGEO
        ADMIN, Y, BIPUBLISHER

ADMIN, Y, SVC_S_BIPUBLISHER

ADMIN, Y, T_DEVELOPER
        ADMIN, Y, SECURITY_GROUP_ADMINS
        USER, N, SECURITY_GROUP_USERS]
;

In the QMC, when I set up a task, I'm including both the Security_Group_Admins AND the Security_Group_Users as Named Users, on the Distribute tab. 

Upon testing, someone in the Security_Group_Users is not able to see the dashboard in AccessPoint.  I am "T_DEVELOPER" above, and I can see the dashboard in AccessPoint, as well as open the QVW file.  What is the proper way to set up both section access and the server so that the groups listed above have permission to do the right things (as noted above)?

Thanks very much!

Robin

4 Replies
Gysbert_Wassenaar

Do the two AD groups also have read access to the folder that contains the .qvw qlikview files? If not, the members of these groups will not see the documents in the access point.

talk is cheap, supply exceeds demand
Not applicable
Author

The Admins group has read and write access to the folder with the QVW files - that's the way we would like them to open QVWs.  The User group does not, because of course we don't want them to have access to the files.

Are you sure that the users would also need to have access to the folder where the QVW lives in order to see the dashboard in AccessPoint?  That hasn't been done with other dashboards that work properly - maybe there's something I don't understand about this scenario?

Gysbert_Wassenaar

If you're sure that the other documents don't have any read access grants for user or user groups then check the setting of the Filter Access Point Document List Based on Section Access option on the Server tab of the Document Properties window. Is it enabled in these documents and not in your other qlikview document?

talk is cheap, supply exceeds demand
Bill_Britt
Former Employee
Former Employee

Hi,

You can always check the in effective permissions on the file to see if the user has access to it.

View effective permissions on files and folders: User Rights; Security Policy

Bill

Bill - Principal Technical Support Engineer at Qlik
To help users find verified answers, please don't forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any posts that helped you resolve your problem or question.