Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
darroyo_telcomu
Partner - Contributor III

Average comparation in bars graphic

Good morning,

imagine a very simple table with three columns: EMPLOYEE - SKILL - SCORE.

I want to make a bar graphic with skills in Y and scores in X. Each bar would be the score average of each skill, that's easy. But I want to filter by employee in order to see his skills compared with the global average.

My problem is: when I select a user then the filter applies to the graphic averages, so global averages and employee averages are the same. I would need global averages stay fixed filtering employees.

Can I make this with the current table? Or should I add another table without users for the global average measure?

Thanks in advance.

Best regards,

David.

7 Replies
reddy-s
Master II
Master II

Hi David,

What you are looking for is totally possible.

check this example:

Capture.PNG

This gives you a comparison over the over all average and the employees individual scores scores.

Look at the QVF(attached) for more information.

Thanks,

Sangram

ogster1974
Partner - Master II
Partner - Master II

You could also make use of the reference line option to show changes over time as you expend your model to show contrast or a combo chart.

darroyo_telcomu
Author

Thank you very much for your answers.

I attach an example in order to explain it clear. There are two graphics in this example (I don't care if the solution is for the first or for the second). The goal is that red measure marks the global average of each skill. I want to select one employee and that red measure stay with the global average in order to see (for every skill) the difference between the selected employee score and the global company score.

Please let me know if you need more details.

Best regards,

David.

ogster1974
Partner - Master II
Partner - Master II

There you go in both formats.

reddy-s
Master II
Master II

Hi David,

Hope you have got the issue resolved with the example I provided and the Skill test qvf which Andy attached.

darroyo_telcomu
Author

Thank you Andy this example is perfect. Whats the meaning of {1} in Avg({1}[PUNTUACIÓN])?

ogster1974
Partner - Master II
Partner - Master II

‌iit's an example of set analysis the language Qlik uses to extend the functionality of its data model to handle alternate states, filters outside of ones defined by users.  {1} basically tells qlik to return all values from the daat modelregardless of sections.  {$} is return all values based on current sections.

HOpe this has helped.  Please mark anyreplies you have found helpful/correct.