Skip to main content
Announcements
Live today at 11 AM ET. Get your questions about Qlik Connect answered, or just listen in. SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Report is Hanging at end of Reload - Advice Needed!

Hi Everyone,

I can't find any other posts about this but I'm hoping someone can help. I've got a file that is calling various pieces of data in from both an oracle based database and some reference excel spreadsheets, but it's not that complicated and there's not that much data. The reload goes fine (although quite slow) ... I can watch progress and see it get to the end of the script but then it just sits there, doing nothing that I can see. At the same time the CPU load from QV.exe goes way up and sits at 50% for ages ... I've got bored and just closed it several times now but am trying to be patient this time (20 mins and counting ...). I have to force the whole application to close because it stops responding to anything which is very frustrating.

I've got a log file generating but this doesn't show any problems. I'm working with V9 SR4 ...

Help!!

Thanks,

Emma

4 Replies
Not applicable
Author

Hi Emma,

Have you tried with limited load ? It can be a case of cricular loops

- Ravi Kumar

Not applicable
Author

Yep - tried that ... still just hangs. I'm going through it step by step again to see if I can spot anything ...

Not applicable
Author

Did you find the issue? I'm having the same problem.

Not applicable
Author

Hi,

I think I did but I'm struggling to remember which report it was now so can't remember how I fixed it.

Do you have a store command? That can be an issue sometimes, if you have any, comment them out and try again.

Circular loops can be a problem but you generally get a warning message about those. Just in case you could try putting a qualify statement in at the beginning to prevent them.

I had a problem with a preceeding load statement on one which was odd ... I just gave up in the end and replaced it with either a jeft join or a resident load, can't remember which now.

To be honest there have been some files that have just gone wrong and I've had to start again with ... maybe a random bug of glitch, I don't know, but they're frustrating when they happen!

Hope this helps ... if i think of anything else I'll add another comment!

Cheers,

Emma