Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

How do I display multiple data sources individually within one QV Project?

I'm attempting to display multiple individual spreadsheets within one Qlikview Project. The data within each sheet is stored and tabulated in the exact same manner, they just each represent a different client. What I would like to do is build a project that allows for each data source to be viewed individually within tabs 2-10, and a compiled look in tab 1. Is this possible, and if so how do I do this?

As an added bonus, I'd eventually like to tie this project directly to SQL, and avoid housing any of this project's data outside of Qlikview. Is this reasonable?

5 Replies
rwunderlich
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Since all the files have the  same structure, load them into a single QlikView table with an additional field identifying the client

'ABC' as Client

Instead of having separate sheets for each client and consolidated, you may want to try just one sheet with a listbox foc Client that allows a specific client or all clients to be displayed.

-Rob

http://masterssummit.com

http://qlikviewcookbook.com

Not applicable
Author

The dashboard I'm designing is really targeted for exec staff, and so I'm trying to functionally eliminate any demands for a user to consolidate data. The workbooks themselves are updated daily automatically, and they're also used for many other purposes besides this dashboard. Instead of rewriting those scripts to dump the data into a different location or duplicate it in anyway, I'm just hoping I can use QV to pull the designated data from multiple sources. I'm hoping the end user really just needs to "reload" to see up-to-date representations of data... Does this make sense? Thanks though!

rwunderlich
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Yes, you can pull from multiple sources. There is no need to move or consolidate the source files in advance. The consolidation happens inside qlikview -- that's what the  QlikView script does. You will have a load statement for each Workbook (or a loop or wildcard if they are all the same). The result in the QlikView model is a single table.

-Rob

Not applicable
Author

I guess I should clarify that I'm attempting to display this information both individually and compiled. I would like to show individual clients' data both on their own without any compilation and as a combined whole with other clients. I've been able to create compiled projects with 10 or so clients, but I am unable to display their data individually. I think I need to clarify my original posting, sorry!

rwunderlich
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

If you select an individual Client name in a Listbox, are you seeing an individual client?

-Rob