Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

load from dataBase

Hi all

i  want to load  value from table in dataBase in server  , but  i don't know how i write in scrip to load value from table from data base.

i insert in the script the connexion with my database and the connexion is good,

the name of database is DataBaseFormation

the name of table : Personne

and i want to load ID from personne from databaseFormation

Any one  can help i need help please

Thanks aLL

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
maxgro
MVP
MVP

After the database connection,

did you try with the Select button in the script editor?

1.png

View solution in original post

6 Replies
maxgro
MVP
MVP

After the database connection,

did you try with the Select button in the script editor?

1.png

Not applicable
Author

thank you verry mutch it work perfectelly,

other demand if you dont mind,i have a database sql server in my harddisk .mdf ,i couldn't succed to connect with it, what i write at the name of server and other field

thanks

maxgro
MVP
MVP

I don't have a local sql server db available at the moment

I guess you have to start one or more service to start the sql db

Lesson 1: Connecting to the Database Engine

"http://stackoverflow.com/questions/360141/how-to-connect-to-local-instance-of-sql-server-2008-expres..."

Not applicable
Author

so i must instal the sql server in my machine ?! if yes why did i could acces in  the db in server without any problem

maxgro
MVP
MVP

You can connect to a sql server

- on a remote server; in this case the sql server is installed on the remote server and the database is usually there or on an attached storage

- on your local pc, on your machine; in this case you need a sql server (standard, express, etc, there are some versions, types) on your machine and the database .mdf is (usually) on your machine

Look at the connection in QlikView (oledb or odbc); you can see a server name or ip address;  if is the name or ip of your machine you're connecting to a sql on your machine

if it's a name or ip of a server, you're connecting to a remote sql server

you can have as many connection you want: one for remote sql server, one for local, one for a different remote sql server, etc...

Not applicable
Author

thank you for your explication  maxgro