Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Auto saving of .qvw

Hi

There is some options in the qlikview which saves the qvw in some regular interval of time automatically and which helps to revert back to the changes we made.

It used to save the like some like Version 1 of FileName is the name of the file is FileName and it used to save it in the same folder.

Can any helps me with that settings. I forgot where exactly it is.

4 Replies
Not applicable
Author

Hi,

You can do auto save by updating the 'Save Auto Recover Info' under 'Save' tab in 'User Preferences'

-Haneesh

Not applicable
Author

Hi

I have already did that but still auto save is not happening. Could you please check in your system and what value you have given here so that I can do the same thing here also.

Copied the screen shot for your reference.

Not applicable
Author

Hi Haneesh,

Please check your settings and let me know. Auto Save is not happening here.

colinh
Partner - Creator II
Partner - Creator II

Hi

If you want multiple versions saved then enable the "Use Backup" option. If you set that to, for example, 5 Instances, then your last 5 saves will be saved as Version 1, Version 2 ... Version 5.

Also I find it useful to have Save Before Reload selected, then you don't need to worry about saving each time, or losing any work because of script errors.