Announcements
Defect acknowledgement with Nprinting Engine May 2022 SR2, please READ HERE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

NPrinting error when Creating New or Editing Pixel Perfect Report

I am getting the following error: "The type initializer for System.Drawing.ToolboxBitmapAttribute threw an exception' when I tried create New or Editing a Pixel Perfect or PowerPoint report.

Is this a permission thing?

9 Replies
Not applicable
Author

Hmmm

are those the only 2 template types you tried?  What about Word or Office templates.

I have seen issues with office templates in the past but other no office templates have no issue, such as pixel perfect on entity reports

Have you recently upgraded anything on the machione where you are deisgning/building the report?

If you have a template that was working but now is not, can you post it?

It could be an install issue - ahve you tried to uninstall and reinstall?  Are other users having the same issue?

Not applicable
Author

Excel and word templates are working fine.  But when I try to create a New Pixel Perfect report or a new PowerPoint report in NPrinting Designer, I am getting that error.  When I run using an id that has admin access on the server, it works fine.  But when the one logged in is not admin, I am getting that error.  That's why I'm thinking what permission on a folder or something am I missing.

Not applicable
Author

i would tend to agree that it sounds like permissions, but permissions would not explaine why Excel, Word works and PowerPoint does not

are all files such as templates being saved on the server?  When you do a new, they system (outside of the connection to qvw) does not know where the file is to be saved

are other users experiencing this issue?

are you using the same connection for all of these?

Not applicable
Author

The files are saved on the server.  I'm the admin on the server and the one developer we have working on NPrinting on the same server that is having the issue.  Both of us remote in on the server created a new nsq.  We click on Pixel Perfect or Powerpoint report and click on New template.  The error happens on his id everytime for PixelPerfect and Powerpoint.  I'm trying to think what does NPrinting do when it tries to launch the Template editor for PixelPerfect or Powerpoint.  His id may not have access to the library or something that the Template editor uses. 

Not applicable
Author

I would agree that is permission related - so nprinting designer and server are only isntalled on the server.  When you need to build a report, you remote into the server and start the NPrinting designer?

silly question but is PowerPoint on the server?  can you manually crate a powerpoint report on the server logged in as you independent of NPrinting?

was PowerPoint intalled after Excel or Word under a different user?

trying to see (at least in the MS office world) where there might be a difference?

Not applicable
Author

Yes, we pretty much login to the server and launch NPrinting designer from there.  Powerpoint was installed at the same time as Excel and Word.  Both of our ids can launch Powerpoint independent of NPrinting.

Not applicable
Author

The Call Stack from the Error Report is as follows

Not applicable
Author

I am out of ideas - may need to follow-up with support.  I have worked with customers under that same environment without issue, so it should work but I did not set up the users

I am thinking it has to do with the way and user it was isntalled with

Please let me know what you find out

sorry I could not be of more help

Not applicable
Author

No problem.  Thank you.