Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

HTTP Error 404 - Not Found - New QlikSense Installation

I'm running into an issue with a new standalone Qlik Sense installation. The installation completes successfully, but launching the QMC shows "HTTP Error 404.0 - Not Found" (see attached).

The physical path that is referenced in the screenshot, C:\inetpub\wwwroot\qmc\, does not exist (qmc directory does not exist).

• I'm installing this on a Windows Server 2012 R2 VMWare virtual machine that meets or exceeds the install prerequisites
  • I'm using the newest version of the Qlik Sense Server, 2.1.1.
  • I'm performing the installation as the local administrator account and I'm specifying the services to run with the same local administrator's credentials.
  • I've performed repairs on the installation and I've also reinstalled it using the 'run as administrator' option for the executable file.
  • I've confirmed that the local administrator has the rights to run as a service
  • Antivirus/ malware/ HIPS is disabled during the installation

Is there a missing prerequisite that could cause this behavior? I'm able to take this same executable and install it on another Windows Server 2012 R2 VM without issue.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Not applicable
Author

Thanks to mto‌ I was able to get this up and running. I stopped the services for the Default Web Site (in IIS Manager) that my other app was using then I was able to log into QMC and change the default HTTP/HTTPS ports to alternate port numbers.

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Not applicable
Author

***UPDATE***

I've identified that another application is using HTTPS on port 443. I'm not able to change the default port for this particular application, so I would need to change this for Qlik Sense. I see that there's an option in QMC to change the default ports in the Proxies section, referring to this post:

https://community.qlik.com/message/814421?_ga=1.260727949.1203479791.1451401666#814421

But I can't get this far since I'm unable to access QMC.

This prompts me with two questions that need to be answered for this issue?

• Referring to the initial post, could another application using the default HTTPS port cause this issue, or do I need to keep digging for another root cause?
  • Can I change the default HTTPS port for Qlik Sense outside of the QMC (since I can't get to it)?
Not applicable
Author

Thanks to mto‌ I was able to get this up and running. I stopped the services for the Default Web Site (in IIS Manager) that my other app was using then I was able to log into QMC and change the default HTTP/HTTPS ports to alternate port numbers.