Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

clear other values in a field when one is selected (checkboxes)

Hi all,

Currently I have a stacked bar chart with expressions that are visible when a user clicks on a field list (inline load). The user clicks in the 'Select Visible Bars' check boxes to display the bar sections they want to see, set up with a conditional show:

IF(GetSelectedCount([~Bar Selector - Conv]) > 0,WildMatch(Concat([~Bar Selector - Conv], '/'), '*Judgment*') > 0, 0)

Currently there is a trigger on sheet activation that checks all options except Judgment as shown below. What I need to happen is when a user clicks on Judgment, it automatically clears the other selections, and when any of the other selections are clicked, Judgment is cleared. I'm assuming you can do this with field event triggers but I haven't been able to figure it out. All help is appreciated, thanks!

12 Replies
sunny_talwar

Seems to be working here. Did you put the correct field name in the select in field action?

Capture.PNG

Not applicable
Author

I checked, everything is correct. I think there is another trigger or something getting in the way. I am able to select Judgment first, and then when I select something else, Judgment clears. I am also able to select multiple of the other values, but when I go to re-select Judgment, it won't let me unless I clear all the other options first. it works fine on yours but not on mine. I can't post my file for confidentiality reasons. Thank you for your help!!

sunny_talwar

Not a problem, I hope you can work with the alternative solution provided by Peter on the other post . If you ever need help again, you can always come back.

Best,

Sunny