Skip to main content
Announcements
Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Hi all, Any idea regarding modify the extension object based on your rquirment?

Hi all, Any idea regarding modify the extension object based on your rquirment?

I am using the box plot extension to show the values based on the requirment, but  downloaded extension object not showing the all company id names in x axis, So i have to edit the .js file to get all vales.i have 40 company names but in x axis it's showing only 8 names .

Regards,

Mike

9 Replies
reddy-s
Master II
Master II

Hi Mike,

Open the extension files from the development hub http://localhost:4848/dev-hub/ or using any code editor like notepad++ and modify the code to fit your requirement.

It would be very helpfull if you debug the visualization to understand its flow of code and plan your modification accordingly.

To enter the debugging mode use Ctrl+Shift+Right click and select Show Dev Tools.

Let me know if you need any help understanding extension

Regards,

Sangram

Not applicable
Author

Hi Sangram Reddy,

Ctrl+Shift+Right click on extension object or we have to use this short cut key in qliksense open sheet to enter dev tools?

Regards,

Mike

reddy-s
Master II
Master II

Hi Mike,

Use it anywhere on the sheet you where your visualization is on.

Michael_Tarallo
Employee
Employee

Hi Mike

In this video: Qlik Sense - The Developer Hub (video) - I show a quick example of modifying and existing extension object as well - available here: New to Qlik Sense Videos

Let us know how you do.

Please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT / HELPFUL so our team and other members know that your question(s) has been answered to your satisfaction.

Regards,

Mike Tarallo

Qlik

Regards,
Mike Tarallo
Qlik
Not applicable
Author

Hi Experts,

i'm trying to edit the extension object but i'm getting the below  error  (incomplete visualization) is

invalid visualizations.PNG

any solution for this?

Regards,

Mike

vinay_hg
Creator III
Creator III

HI,

u need a java script developer or if u know javascript as mentioned by sangram, open through devhub or notepad++ edit and save. then use it.

Not applicable
Author

Hi Experts,

I'm editing the .js file withe ms word ! is any good help with Notepad++ to edit the .js file?

ms word is not right one for editing the .js file?  

Regrds,

Mike

reddy-s
Master II
Master II

Hi Mike,

If a .wbl file is missing from an extension, you will not be able to edit it in the Dev-Hub.

As a work around open the folder in the extension folder and edit the files using Notepad++ or any other script editor

Thanks and Regards,

Sangram Reddy.

reddy-s
Master II
Master II

Hi Mike,

I would suggest you to use Notepad++ or Sublime editor or text wrangler or may be even eclipse. These will be very handy.