Defect acknowledgement with Nprinting Engine May 2022 SR2, please READ HERE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Distribution list and NPrinting

Hello,

After several tests we are not able to send NPrinting file through a distribution list. We have created a recipient with a diffusion list as email but nobody seems to receive the email.

When we check the log everything seems ok (no errror). We have also tried to add a user in copy of this email and everything seems ok, the user received the email (but not the distribution list) and the distribution adress seems ok too.

Is there a parameter to check or is there any other problem related to distribution list and NPrinting ?

Regards,

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Not applicable
Author

There is not a parameter to check - If I understand correctly, one of your email addresses is a distribution list and no one in the list is receiving the email.

is the email being generated from the service or cleint (manually running the task)

where is the distribution lsit defined?  If it is not defined in the global address list, it probably is not seeing it

View solution in original post

13 Replies
Not applicable
Author

There is not a parameter to check - If I understand correctly, one of your email addresses is a distribution list and no one in the list is receiving the email.

is the email being generated from the service or cleint (manually running the task)

where is the distribution lsit defined?  If it is not defined in the global address list, it probably is not seeing it

Not applicable
Author

The task has been loaded manually in order to check before doing it through schedule.

I don't know exactly what you meen by "global address" but it's a distribution list used in Outlook. If i send an email through outlook to the distribution list it works without porblem.

I will try to schedule the task to see if it change something.

Not applicable
Author

so when you run the task manually it is not being distributed.  By global address book I wanted to make sure the distribution list was not something you personally created and is not available to everyone.  If it is not working when manually running the task, it will not work through the scheduler.

Are you using smtp for email

Not applicable
Author

Yes we are using SMTP for email and i confirm it doesn't work through schedule.

Not applicable
Author

i will try and find a distriubution group with a few people that I can use and see my results

Not applicable
Author

when you run it manually, what are the log entries that are displayed when it is building the email?

Not applicable
Author

I m not the one who has created these groups on outlook but if you go on outlook and check on the "properties" of the group you have a tab named "E-mail addresses" on which you have the detail of the group address.

I have used this address on my recipient in Nprinting. On outlook if i use this email address it automatically find the group

Not applicable
Author

I just placed a distribution list email address in the email address of a recipient, which is assigned to the task and all of the people in the distribution list received the email

how do you have your recipient set up in the task with the distribution lsit?

Not applicable
Author

There nothing particular on the log :

Service12/30/20152:30:39 PMMessageCreating Message
Service12/30/20152:30:39 PMMessageFrom: ****
Service12/30/20152:30:39 PMMessageRecipient: CORP-PV&****@****
Service12/30/20152:30:39 PMMessageCC Recipient: FGreiner.****@****
Service12/30/20152:30:39 PMMessageSubject: Test
Service12/30/20152:30:39 PMMessageReport Attached: "Link of the attached pdf"
Service12/30/20152:30:39 PMMessageBuilding Message...
Service12/30/20152:30:40 PMMessageMessage Built
Service12/30/20152:30:40 PMMessageSending Message...
Service12/30/20152:30:40 PMMessageMessage Sent!
Service12/30/20152:30:40 PMMessageDisconnecting from smtp1.europe.****
Service12/30/20152:30:40 PMMessageDisconnected from smtp1.europe.****

AS you can see this email is sent to the diffusion list and my email adress. I receive the email mail without issue and on outlook point of view the email CORP-PV&****@**** seems okay. I can see the group and if i click on the + i can see all the users behind