Defect acknowledgement with Nprinting Engine May 2022 SR2, please READ HERE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Npring report triggered by macro

Hi,

Is it possible to send nprinting reports triggered by macro?

the process that i have in mind is where users (sales managers) will select a client (from a qlikview module) and click on a button that will trigger a report (ppt) by email.

thanks

Naama

7 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

It sounds like you have described the On Demand reporting feature of Nprinting.  You can only use On-Demand if you have the Server version of NPrinting.  Do you have the Server or just a Client install?

What you are asking is precisely what we do with all of our apps.  End User clicks on a button which generates a report based on selection criteria.

Not applicable
Author

Naama

I agree with mike and that what you are trying to accomplish is the add on feature nprinting has called on demand

The client makes a web service call to the nprinting server and based on how you configure, it will pass selections to the server as well as the report or task you want to run.

You will need to be licensed for nprinting server, as Mike has said, as well as the on demand feature

Not applicable
Author

your only other option (and it is not as good on demand) is to write a macro that crates a file and places it in a predfined nprinting directory.  That files tells the nprinting service which report to run - the tricky part is the selections made in the application - there is documentation regarding the format and contenst of the file

How to Execute NPrinting Reports by External XML Request

Not applicable
Author

any further insight or info on this?

Not applicable
Author

thank you. I do have the server license, how can I create the report?

Not applicable
Author

in addition to the server license, do you have the license for on demand?

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

If you look in the resource library, you can find everything you need to use On Demand.  There are also many posts that have been made on this very topic in the last 90 days to help you troubleshoot issues.

The Qlik support team has put together very detailed instructions for your benefit.  All of us Nprinting users were in the same situation and had to go through the process the first time.  You can get it configured and make it work in a few hours.