Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Qlik Sense hub Port

Hi,

I need to change the default port used by used Qlik Sense Hub to something else other than 80. How can I do this?

-Apoorv

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
garystrader
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III

in QMC go to Proxies.  Edit the proxy and enable the "Ports" section.  You can change either the HTTPS or HTTP port, if HTTP is enabled.

View solution in original post

8 Replies
garystrader
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III

in QMC go to Proxies.  Edit the proxy and enable the "Ports" section.  You can change either the HTTPS or HTTP port, if HTTP is enabled.

Not applicable
Author

How can you change the HTTPS/HTTP ports in an initial installation? 443/80 are already being used on my server by another application, so I cannot browse to the QMC page to make this change.

Michael_Tarallo
Employee
Employee

HI Matthew,

At the moment, it seems we recommend you stop all services that use ports 80 / 443 before installation and then once QS is configured, change the ports to the desired ports. I even checked the silent installation method and it does not seem to have an argument for port setting. I will bring this up at our next ideation meeting.

http://help.qlik.com/sense/2.1/en-US/online/#../Subsystems/PlanningQlikSenseDeployments/Content/Serv...

Please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT / HELPFUL so our team and other members know that your question(s) has been answered to your satisfaction.

Regards,

Mike Tarallo

Qlik

Regards,
Mike Tarallo
Qlik
Not applicable
Author

Thanks Mike, that did the trick.

After the installation, I accessed IIS Manager > Sites > Default Web Site (only web site listed) and I stopped the websites using the 'Stop' action listed under the 'Manage Website' menu. After this, I was able to successfully access QMC and change the default 443/80 ports by editing my Central Node under Configure System > Proxies from the QMC menu.

Michael_Tarallo
Employee
Employee

Hello Apoor - just checking up on you:

Please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT / HELPFUL so our team and other members know that your question(s) has been answered to your satisfaction.

Regards,

Mike Tarallo

Qlik

Regards,
Mike Tarallo
Qlik
JohnDataAnalyst
Contributor II
Contributor II

Hi Mike, 

I see this post is from 2015 and was hoping there has been progress made on changing the port without accessing the QMC. E.g. before installation?

We are struggling to install Qlik because our port 80 is occupied and services cannot be stopped. Are there any other way to change the port for Qlik Sense before accessing the QMC?

Thanks,

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hey @JohnDataAnalyst ,

as far as I know, no, during installation you cannot change ports for HTTP/HTTPS traffic.
However, on installation, QS will alert you if port 80/443... But, by default, will work only with HTTPS on 443 at start!
So you should be able to install QS without issues.

Once installed, access the QMC on port 443 and then, if needed, enable HTTP traffic and set HTTP port as required

I hope this helps,
Riccardo

JohnDataAnalyst
Contributor II
Contributor II

Thanks Riccardo, you are correct, I had a look and see the QMC is attempting to open with HTTPS.

I still have issues opening the QMC, think this might be a network issue. I will liaise with our IT/ISP team to resolve.

Many thanks