Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

License Problem with QlikView 12

Good morning, I've installed the new version of QV and the developer license, getting a message that says it has been properly validated, but really continues the Personal Edition and does not allow me to open documents created by me with version 11.20.

Has anyone had a similar problem?

A greeting.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Bill_Britt
Former Employee
Former Employee

Hi,

You should have a product level line in the LEF of the license.  At the end you will see a date and if the date has expired, you will not be able to license any new products.

PRODUCTLEVEL;10;;2013-09-01

Bill

Bill - Principal Technical Support Engineer at Qlik
To help users find verified answers, please don't forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any posts that helped you resolve your problem or question.

View solution in original post

16 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

From where you have taken the License?

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Click on Help  Menu on the top - >Check About Qlikview(will show you whether it is licensed or not)

or

Help Manu - > License Update(you can lease license again)

Not applicable
Author

I'm working in a Qlikview's partner company, is our developer license that I've used so far...

Peter_Cammaert
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

If your QV Desktop is now license-less, and your Qlik Partner license includes a QlikView Server, go re-lease your Named CAL from the server by selecting File->Open in Server from the QV Desktop menu, entering your server path (starts with qvp:// ), clicking Connect and opening any document from the list.

Best,

Peter

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Peter mentioned the right process.

Pleaselet me know if you are still facing this problem

HirisH_V7
Master
Master

Hi ,

QlikView License Leasing

QlikView License Leasing Technical Brief Paper.pdf

Check this,

Hope this helps,

-Hirish

HirisH
“Aspire to Inspire before we Expire!”
Bill_Britt
Former Employee
Former Employee

Hi,

You should have a product level line in the LEF of the license.  At the end you will see a date and if the date has expired, you will not be able to license any new products.

PRODUCTLEVEL;10;;2013-09-01

Bill

Bill - Principal Technical Support Engineer at Qlik
To help users find verified answers, please don't forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any posts that helped you resolve your problem or question.
sangland2
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator

You can also obtain Lef information at Manual LEF

I have found that a license that has expired can be used to license 11.2 Personal edition, but not Personal edition 12.

oknotsen
Master III
Master III

I have found that a license that has expired can be used to license 11.2 Personal edition, but not Personal edition 12.

Sounds like an interesting bug. Are you sure about this?

May you live in interesting times!