Skip to main content
Announcements
Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

set analysis. By MonthName. dateSet={'Dec 2015'} ok, but dateSet={"$(=MonthName(MAX(dateSet))) is not

Just like what the title said...

NUM(   Sum( {$<QUANTITY_UM={"CTN"},Inventory_Date={"$(=DATE(MAX(Inventory_Date), 'DD/MM/YYYY'))"}, dateSet={'Dec 2015'}>}[Ordered Qty]/CONVERSION_QTY),

'###,###.00'

)    , this one works. But when I tried to do something like the one below, It doesn't work.

NUM(   Sum( {$<QUANTITY_UM={"CTN"},Inventory_Date={"$(=DATE(MAX(Inventory_Date), 'DD/MM/YYYY'))"}, dateSet={"$(=MonthName(MAX(dateSet)))"}>}[Ordered Qty]/CONVERSION_QTY),

'###,###.00'

)

I have tried showing MonthName(MAX(dateSet)) in a column, and the result's format is similar to 'Dec 2015'. Any idea how to make this work Qlikers?

13 Replies
Not applicable
Author

hi tres, not sure where do I find the data scrambling in qlikSense. From the link you gave me, it seems that they are only available in qlikview, but not qliksense. Would be nice though, to have that feature, sadly, it's not available in QlikSense. Thx Tres.

Not applicable
Author

Hi Kush,

yeap, I have both Dec 2015 and Jan 2016 data. I tried yours too, but still can't work.    trying to prepare another set of data, so that i can sent the app to you guys.

tresesco
MVP
MVP

Alternatively you could use hash functions (hash128, hash16...) or rand() to generate few dummy data/metadata.

Not applicable
Author

omg...guys...

I found the root of this problem. It was because of the data column is EMPTY.

Hence

Either

1) NUM(   Sum( {$<QUANTITY_UM={"CTN"},Inventory_Date={"$(=DATE(MAX(Inventory_Date) , 'DD/MM/YYYY'))"},dateSet={"$(=MonthName(date(MAX(dateSet), 'DD-MM-YYYY')))"}>}[Ordered Qty]/CONVERSION_QTY),

'###,###.00'

)

or this

2)NUM(   Sum( {$<QUANTITY_UM={"CTN"},Inventory_Date={"$(=DATE(MAX(Inventory_Date) , 'DD/MM/YYYY'))"},dateSet={"$(=MonthName(date(MAX(dateSet))))"}>}[Ordered Qty]/CONVERSION_QTY),

'###,###.00'

)

could work. I was trying to create sample data and found out this problem. Many thanks guys! Thanks Sunny T, Kush, Balraj and Tres.