Skip to main content
Announcements
Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

How to join two tables in QlikSense or where do we put SQL?

Hello,

Could you please help me in finding a solution for below questions,

1) How do we join two tables in QlikSense, currently, all I see is list of tables on left pane to select, once I select one table, I get Load and Finish button option enabled. Once clicked, the data is shown on sheet.

2) Where do I put SQL (which has multiple joins of tables) in QS.

3) I need to join a static file's data (mapping done on attribute level) with data mart's data. how do I do that.

Any help/guidance would be greatly appreciated.

7 Replies
robert_mika
Master III
Master III

1)If you got one common field your tables will be join by QS.

You can use combination of join's or concatenate

Understanding Join, Keep and Concatenate

2) you will put the SQL code in the same place that other part of your scripting.

Could you give an example of the things you are struggling with(screenshots)?

Feeling Qlikngry?

How To /Missing Manual(24 articles)

Not applicable
Author

Thanks a ton! Robert for your help. It really helped to move to 2nd step.

I try to execute a simple SQL which has 2 tables with inner join in place but I ended up with below error,

"ODBC read failed". May I know your comments please.

Also, our project should be accessible in mobile metrics (mobile, ipad or iphone), can you tell me how do I access, if possible, please share a URL. Thanks.

robert_mika
Master III
Master III

Could you post your script code?

As for mobile:

http://global.qlik.com/uk/explore/products/mobile

Not applicable
Author

Thanks Robert for your response.

I got rid of "ODBC read failed" issue. My SQL had some calculative functions, once I remove, it started working.

I am pretty new to QS and have few more questions in general, could you please clarify,

1) I created a Table visualization for my data with some filters, table columns have very wide widths. how do I adjust to have a better look & feel.

2) To above Table visualization, how do I do pivot with some other data either from static files or data mart.

3) I used 2 filters which were part of table visualization for easy access. I found few issues,

a) How do I reset the filters.

b) when I select a value 'A' in 1st filter, the other filter should automatically get filter and show the data

related to "A".

4) Finally, how do I publish the dashboard to view everything in read only format.

Apologies, If I am asking too many questions but your answers will help me greatly in moving forward. I have project deliverable in a month's time.

Once again, Thanks for sharing the mobile metrics link.

robert_mika
Master III
Master III

1) You can not adjust width of the columns in QS.

Maybe future version will have this functionality

2)Not sure.You can add PivotTable from the panel on the left hand side to put your data in.

You need to add the data first in your script(txt/data mart)

3)Post your application here

4)To publish your app you need or QS Server or QS Cloud - this app will be read only.

https://help.qlik.com/sense/2.1/en-US/online/#../Subsystems/Hub/Content/Cloud/upload-app-to-cloud.ht...

Not applicable
Author

Hello Rob,

Thanks again for your points.

Regarding pivot table, I followed your instructions and able to load the data however the look & feel is very annoying. The headings of the rows columns are not aligned to column wise. See below for the screenshot for your reference. Please let me know your comments. QS Pivot table - Issue Screenshot.png

Importantly, I would like to know how to join the column 'A' of static file to data mart table column 'A' and show the matched rows data in one row in pivot table. If possible, please provide a step by step instructions.

Thank you so very much for your support.

robert_mika
Master III
Master III

With PT you have to stick with the grid given.

There is not much space for changing width of the column.

If column A in data mart has the same name as your static file QS wil join them automaticly.

Could you post an example?