Skip to main content
Announcements
Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Moral support to upgrade to v10 -- Who has upgraded to v10? If not yet, why not?

I am looking for some moral support here as we consider upgrading from v85 to v10.

Has anyone fully upgraded to v10? If so, how is it going? Would you do it differently if you did it again?

If you have not upgraded to v10, what is keeping you from it? What are you waiting for?

Any insights and warm fuzzies (or not) would be helpful!

Thanks! Gracias!

Tyler

13 Replies
Not applicable
Author

Update: We have postponed our upgrade until the QV Server clustering and QV DS clustering issues related to SR1 are addressed.

Also, in running things somewhat in parallel, I have learned (this is painful learning) that v10 interprets dates as numbers whereas v85 interprets/handles them as strings. (See http://community.qlik.com/forums/p/38370/159480.aspx#159480).

Also, my impression is that in terms of loading data using a WHERE statement on a table (QVD) with more than about 20MM records, v10 SR1 takes quite a bit longer than v85. I'm not sure why this is, even with some specific R&D feedback from Sweden who explained the ideas of pre-caching.... It still seems to be sketchy in my opinion, as if I should expect my daily processing to take longer once I move to v10.

Not applicable
Author

Jochem,

Are you using QV Server clustering and/or QV Distribution Service (DS) clustering? We were not able to get that running wtih SR1.

Thanks.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Just bumping this up to see if anyone else has an opinion on upgrading to QV 10.0 SR1. Also, does anyone know if SR2 is due out anytime soon?

JS

Not applicable
Author

I just heard mid-April for SR2.

(We are working with Qliktech support R&D to fix a couple issues. It looks promising.)