Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Distinct aggregate function?

I need to plot a scatter chart that takes all the data from two columns (dimensions) and plots the distinct combinations of values.

Example:

Day x-valAmount y-val

Plots:

Day x-valAmount y-val

Ideally the frequency for each value would determine the size of the bubble:

Day x-valAmount y-valFreq. bubble-size

Any thoughts.  Doesn't seem obvious in Qlik Sense.

Thanks in advance.

5 Replies
simondachstr
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

Seems pretty straightforward to me:

Dim1: Day x-val

Dim2: Amount y-val

Expression: count(Amount y-val)

---------

I correct myself, it is not as straightforward to implement in QlikSense as I thought - apologies for this. I managed to create something very close to it using an aggregated dimension utilizing the aggr() function.

QS_ScatterPlot_Sample.JPG

brunobertels
Master
Master

Hi

Does something like that will help you :

you need to download the grid chart extension available on qlikbranch

attached sample app with your data

Regards

Bruno

reddy-s
Master II
Master II

Hi Scot,

The scatter plot in QlikSense needs atleast 2 measures and the 3rd measure shows the size of the bubble. As there are only 3 fields in totally this cannot be achieved using the implicit scatter plot. Instead you can achieve this using an extension as Bruno mentioned.

Make use of this expression to calculate  the frequency.

aggr(count(Amountyval),Dayxval,Amountyval)

Thanks and Regards,

Sangram Reddy.

Not applicable
Author

Thanks for your prompt replies. 

It is becoming apparent to me that extensions are an important part of the Qlik universe.  I will be able to check out the grid extension shortly.

Just wanted to let you know I saw your replies.

Not applicable
Author

Ok.  We're getting there.

Grid Extension visually represents the data, but doesn't seem to scroll like the scatter plot.  The "day(x-vals)" values can get up into the 1000s so I need to be able scroll horizontally.  The amount values (y-vals) scale needs to be dynamic to account for various ranges of amount.  Our current Excel visualizations sort the data by "day" and connect each point adjacent point in the scatterplot with a line.  It looks like the following:

grid visualization.png

The yellow is an overlay that we will eventually want to implement.  The green dots are what I need to render in Qlik Sense.  I need the scale on the left and bottom to be consistent.

We will eventually want to be able to put three sets of data on the same graph, turning them on or off.  The excel version is very slow and static.  We want an interactive dynamic capability for analysts.

There are three other visualizations that need to be rendered as well.