Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
prma7799
Master III
Master III

apply filter or set condition

Dear All,

Is there any way to apply condition  globally to the chart.

For example

I have 80 chart in my dashboard and near about 35 chart I want to apply one filter or set analysis i.e State= 'Maharashtra'.

So can anyone tell me how can I achieve these .

Thanks

8 Replies
MayilVahanan

Is there any common set parameter available in that 35 charts. But not in remaining?

Thanks & Regards, Mayil Vahanan R
Please close the thread by marking correct answer & give likes if you like the post.
prma7799
Master III
Master III
Author

Hi Mayil ,

Thanks for your reply.

Common set parameter means

tresesco
MVP
MVP

Create a variable to hold your expression with the set. Like:

vSumMaha : Sum({<State={'Maharashtra'}>}Value)

And then, use this variable in all your 35 (or so) charts.

=$(vSumMaha)

Edit:

And if all your expressions are not same (which is very much possible), you might have to explore the Alternate State feature.

Anonymous
Not applicable

How about creating an Alternate State for 'Maharashtra' and setting all the relevant objects to the State.

Alternative would be Set Analysis in all expressions on all relevant objects, but that would probably take a lot longer to sort.

prma7799
Master III
Master III
Author

In chart there is multiple different expressions so Can you please tell me how can I achieve with Alternate state features.

Thanks

Anonymous
Not applicable

Here is the QV Desktop Help entry for Alternate States :

Alternate States

Description

You can use Alternate States to perform comparative analysis between sets of multiple data items, for example for basket analysis purposes. A state holds a set of selections.

The QlikView developer can create multiple states within a QlikView document and apply these states to specific objects within the document. The end-user can create copies of these objects (server objects) and then put those objects into different states.

The most important difference between Detach and Alternate States is that ALL objects in a given state will respond to user selections made in that state. Objects in a given state are not affected by user selections in the other states.

Alternate States functionality is not accessible in the load script.

Note!
Alternate States functionality is enabled by a QlikView developer and should be used with caution as it can cause great confusion with end-users as there is no automatic on-screen indication that objects or expressions are in, or reference, alternate states. It is up to the QlikView developer to provide this information to the end-user using the StateName() function.

Setting Alternate States

Do the following to enable and set alternate states:

1. Click Alternate States... in the Document Properties: General tab.
    The Alternate States dialog opens.
  2. Click Add... to create a number of states, and name them. The names will be referred to as state identifiers.
  3. Click OK to close the dialog.

Now the QlikView developer can create new Alternate States from within screen objects.

End-users who access QlikView documents from a QlikView Server can make use of Alternate States but cannot create Alternate States.

Assigning States to Objects

Do the following to assign a state to an object:

1. Open the Properties dialog and select the General tab.
  2. Set Alternate State to the state identifier you want to use for the object.

The object will now be independent from the rest of the document in terms of selection, unless other objects are set to the same state.

There are two states that are always available; default state and inherited. The default state is the state where most QlikView usage occurs and is represented by $. The QlikView document is always in the default state. Objects can inherit states from higher level objects, such as sheets and containers. This means that states are inherited as such: Document - Sheet - Sheet Objects. The sheets and sheet objects are always in the inherited state unless overridden by the QlikView developer.

Comparing Alternate States

You can compare two states on the same object. For example, you can create a line chart to display both states of the data with the same axis by assigning a state in the expression using Set Analysis.

Example:

If you have defined the states Group1 and Group2, you can compare the average of field Adj.Close for the groups by showing these two expressions in a line chart:

Avg({[Group1]} [Adj.Close])

Avg({[Group2]} [Adj.Close])

Logical Behavior when Using Alternate States

Pressing the Clear button affects all states.
In the Inter Explorer plugin, a menu item has been added to the Clear button drop-down menu that allows a user clear the selections of a specific state. This menu is not available in the Ajax client, but the same function can be achieved by creating an action button connected to the Clear action with a specific state.

Pressing the Back and Forward buttons affects all states. There is no mechanism to move back and forward through specific states.

Pressing the Lock and Unlock buttons affects all states. It is not possible to lock and unlock specific states with these buttons. It is possible to lock specific fields in states by using the right-click menu on list boxes in a specific state.

The menu items in the Selections menu apply to all states. There is no mechanism to affect specific states in this menu.

Note!
Alternate States can be used with linked objects. The state applies to all instances of an object. Changing a state on a linked object will put the other linked objects into the same state.

Note!
Variables belong to the default state. Changes in other states will not affect variable values.

Note!
Triggers fire in all states.

Note!
Actions can be set to occur in specific states. One known exception is the Run Macro action. It can be set to run in a specific state; however macros fire in all states.

Note!
Objects that make use of a missing state (the state was removed by a developer) will revert to the default state though the Alternate State drop-down, that will display information such as:
AlternateStateName <unavailable>.

Note!
You can only use Chart Field Functions with a State argument in conjunction with Alternate States.

QlikView 11.20 SR11

prma7799
Master III
Master III
Author

Hi Bill,

tresesco‌ , sunindia‌, djk‌, jagan‌, MayilVahanan

I tried this but when I call this alternate state / detach object in nprinting then the effect does not remain same.

Can you please provide me any other solution.

Please see

Nprinting - how to combine two template

jagan
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

Hi,

Create a sample qv file and let us know your requirement clearly.  On what basis you want to apply this filter for 35 charts?

Why can't you directly give expression like

Sum({<State={'Maharashtra'}>} MeasureName) for this 35 charts and expression like

Sum(MeasureName) for the remaining charts.

Regards,

Jagan.