Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Best way to include Map in an Qlik Sense file?

Hi All,

This post is in regards to using an KML file to load Map onto an Qlik Sense dashboard.

Although i was successful in loading an World Map from a KML file by mapping it using CountryName from my DB(SQL).

But, the outcome is rather slow and even consumes more than a minute only to load the map.

Could any one please suggest an alternate or best way on this approach.

TIA,

Best Regards.

26 Replies
reddy-s
Master II
Master II

Hi Sai Kumar,

I don't think that duplication can be curtailed. That's the default behavior of the background map property.

Not applicable
Author

Thanks All for the suggestions on this.

I had to join an wikipedia url  "ISO 3166-1 - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia" to the kml.

This helped in bringing down the response time by much(Although still needs improvement )

Improvements and suggestions on this are still welcome!!

Best Regards

Sai.

Not applicable
Author

Any more suggestions on this??still need to improve the performance aspect.

mto

rtz

Could you please help out

TIA!!

Not applicable
Author

Reddys310balrajahlawatjpe

Could you guys please suggest any other way, help much needed!!

reddy-s
Master II
Master II

Hi Sai Kumar,

The KML file which you are using to plot the polygon must be containing paths with a lot of points. Try using a KML file which as lesser number of points(path) than the one you are using. Also, check if there are unnecessary polygons being plotted. Get red of the redundant ones.

Not applicable
Author

Reddys310

How do we figure out the unwanted ploygons and also how do we remove them.

Pardon my ignorance, the first time i'm working on any such thing

reddy-s
Master II
Master II

Hi Sai Kumar,

There are many ways and I would do it this way:

You must be having a postal code field for every entry, If not I would get one. Taking an example all the postcodes in UK start with CF or BT or some times even with a single Alphabet, So I use a Left Keep and restrict the polygon information needed. This will plot only the data needed.

Thanks and Regards,

Sangram Reddy.

Not applicable
Author

Reddys310

I have data from almost all over the world.

Could you please share any sample app you have developed using kml.

reddy-s
Master II
Master II

Hi Sai Kumar,

I havent delt with a big KML file or never got chance to do so. I can help you if you can attach a sample of your issue.

Thanks and Regards,

Sangram Reddy.

Not applicable
Author

Hi Sangram,

Attached are the sample data and the kml file i'm using.

The attached data has only 100 records, but my original data has around 1800000+ records with many more countries(can see in the screen shot is attached earlier)

TIA!!

Sai.