Skip to main content
Announcements
Qlik Community Office Hours, March 20th. Former Talend Community users, ask your questions live. SIGN UP
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Allow users to reload published apps.

Hi,

I We have build a web portal where users can upload data and view it in a published qlik sense app. I want to trigger a reload of the app, using the repository api, when a user has uploaded new data.

https://help.qlik.com/sense/2.1/en-us/developer/#../Subsystems/RepositoryServiceAPI/Content/Reposito...

/qrs/app/{id}/reload

Using the api described above works well and good if the app is not published. Trying to use the api on a published app as a target, the server returns 403 Forbidden.

Is there a way to allow the owner of an app to do a refresh on a published app without allowing him/her to update the app in other ways?

Thankful for input,

Viktor

4 Replies
gladi-cz
Creator
Creator

Hi Viktor,

probably it isnt what you want, but maybe help you Reload Button extension for Qlik Sense - mhamano/Qlik-Sense-Reload-Button · GitHub. Everybody can refresh app by button.

More about update rights on same web: mhamano/Qlik-Sense-Reload-Button · GitHub.

Petr

Not applicable
Author

Thanks for the link.

I tried using the security rule as described in the 'experimental' section to reload published apps, but I can't get it to work. I published an app to the 'Everyone' stream and tried to make the api call but still receive the 403 forbidden response.

Any other ideas are greatly appreciated.

reddy-s
Master II
Master II

Hi Viktor,

A reload extension placed on the screen will help you solve your issue.

Not applicable
Author

Hi Sangram,

Thanks for your answer! Maybe I'm not expressing my intent completely clear. I want the app to be refreshed automatically when the user has uploaded new data. I intend to do this by making a call to the repository api when the upload has finished thus triggering the reload task. This is working well on unpublished apps but I get 403 forbidden repsonses on apps that are published.

I don't want to add an extension to my app.

I need help with writing a security rule that allows owner of apps to trigger reloads, no matter if the apps are published or not.