cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
stvegerton
Creator III
Creator III

Staggar Publisher Jobs by Enviornment

We've got three Publisher servers running against the same data source which is causing temp space issues because the same jobs are running on the same schedule. Is there a way I can change the schedule back and hour for an entire server? Maybe by changing the server time perhaps?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Bill_Britt
Former Employee
Former Employee

You can use the powertools to edit the QVPR database, 11.20 SR12-2016-01-08-13-31-14.png

Bill

Bill - Principal Technical Support Engineer at Qlik
To help users find verified answers, please don't forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any posts that helped you resolve your problem or question.

View solution in original post

4 Replies
Bill_Britt
Former Employee
Former Employee

Hi,

Changing the server time is a bad idea and it will probably reset to the correct time. I would setup the task to run "On event of another task" ,

Then one task 1 once it has completed it will trigger task 2 and when that one completed it will run task 3.

Bill

To help users find verified answers, please don't forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any posts that helped you resolve your problem or question.
stvegerton
Creator III
Creator III
Author

Hi Bill,

I should have given more details. We have hundreds of tasks running in parallel. Most are set to trigger on the event of another task. Some are set to run at a certain time. I know how to adjust manually but I'm looking for a way to adjust everything back one hour without going into every task.

I'd heard there's an xml file that contains the entire schedule. Maybe that's what I should be looking for.

Thanks,

Steve

Bill_Britt
Former Employee
Former Employee

You can use the powertools to edit the QVPR database, 11.20 SR12-2016-01-08-13-31-14.png

Bill

stvegerton
Creator III
Creator III
Author

Thanks Bill. That's extremely helpful and will save me a ton of time!