Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Combine Slippy and Polygon Maps

Hi -- I'm relatively new to Qlik Sense. I want to create a map chart that combines both the features of the slippy maps and the Polygon Maps. I have financial data from a number of health centers across the country. Those health centers have latitude and longitude data in my table. I also have data on poverty levels in each state in the country (US Census), and while I'm sure it'd take some work, I could get the ISO code in there to connect it to a KML file.

What I would love to have is a map where each state is color coded based on poverty level, and then points on the map for each health center, where each point is colored based on revenue level. So, everything in one map of the US.

Is this possible? I've heard about layers in Qlik, but am not sure of how to work with them. Would that be an approach?

Thanks in advance for the help!

Jen

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi Jennifer,

What you asked is a multiple-layers map object. Currently the map supports only single layer (either area layer or point layer). However multiple-layers is in the road map of the map object.

Best,

Quan

View solution in original post

12 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi Jennifer,

What you asked is a multiple-layers map object. Currently the map supports only single layer (either area layer or point layer). However multiple-layers is in the road map of the map object.

Best,

Quan

Not applicable
Author

Hi,

Thanks for the confirmation. Can you tell me when you are hoping to release that ability?

Thanks,

Jen

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi Jennifer,

The architecture of the map object already supported rendering multiple layers, and, we are working on other aspects relating to multiple layers such as property panel, or lasso selection on multiple layers at the same time. However, I cannot tell you when we will have this feature.

Regards,

Quan

Not applicable
Author

Hi Quan,

dp you have new information about when it will be possible to display two layers in one map?

Thanks for your help.

Tobias

Not applicable
Author

Hi,

Same request here : two layers on the same map would be very useful on our side too.

Any idea of a release date for this feature ?

Thanks,

Jean-Philippe

Not applicable
Author

Add me on the list. Will be a very good goal and take files direct fom shape files.  ESRI files will be uploaded?.

Not applicable
Author

Hi guys,

Actually, I'm in need of that right now.

Quan, do you have any idea of when this feature will be launched?

Thanks,

Lucas Guedes

Not applicable
Author

HI Lucas,

IdevioMaps for Qlik Sense and QlikView supports multiple layers. I'ld be happy to send a test license if you want.

More info and live demos at QlikMarket:

http://market.qlik.com/ideviomaps-for-qlik-sense.html

Thanks,

Patric Nordström, Idevio

bi.idevio.com

Not applicable
Author

Hi Patric,

It'd be great if you can send me a test license for trying IdevioMaps.

Maybe the application can attend our needs.

Thanks in advance for the information Patric, I'll wait for your contact.

Best regards,

Lucas Guedes