Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Extensions

Hi everyone

I just started working on Qlik Sense and i would like to know if it is possible to use the same extensions present in Qlik Sense in QlikView. If possible please highlight the ways to do it.

9 Replies
arasantorule
Creator III
Creator III

Dear Vibhor,

We cannot use the same extension in Qlikview.

Thanks.

reddy-s
Master II
Master II

Hi Vibhor,

you cannot use the Qlikview extension in QlikSense but you have a QlikSense version of extensions for most of them, or may be even more.

thakkarrahul01
Creator
Creator

No, it is not possible to port Qlik View extension to Qlik Sense.

Not applicable
Author

Hi Sangram,

could you let me know if there are any common extensions to both so that i could work out the major differences.

Thnx

reddy-s
Master II
Master II

Hi Vibhor,

Qlik Branch should help you find the extensions you need. But as of now it looks like the server is down, so I am not able to give you the exact extesnion.

Please let me know if you need any help in building it.

Thanks,

Sangram.

Not applicable
Author

Yeah Sangram the server still seems to be down. And yes, if i plan to work on it i shall follow up with you. Thanks.

Not applicable
Author

Hi Sangram

Could you please attach a link for the extensions part of where i could find them exactly. Thanks

reddy-s
Master II
Master II

Hi Vibhor,

Download a copy of the extension for github.

Here is the link: https://github.com/reddys10/Input-box-which-updates-a-variable-in-QlikSense

Thanks and  Regards,

Sangram Reddy.

Stefan_Walther
Employee
Employee

Hi,

it is possible to port QlikView extensions over to Qlik Sense. Actually that's not event that hard because some of the core concepts didn't change a lot in Qlik Sense compared to QlikView. But it definitely needs some understanding of web scripting (JavaScript, Html) and some understanding of Qlik Sense extension development.

If you are interested in porting a specific extension, let me know, I am thinking of taking a good example and demonstrate how to port an extension in my Qlik Sense Extension tutorial (https://github.com/stefanwalther/qliksense-extension-tutorial).

Regards

Stefan