Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
reivax31
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III

Link to file

Hi Qlikers,

I'm trying to find a way to put a link to a file directly into my app. For exemple, a link to a PDF file with some user guides. I couldn't find a way to do this with the standards functions and I didn't found an extension to do this.

Thanks for your help.

Xavier

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
reddy-s
Master II
Master II

Hi Xavier,

In the QMC you can import content into the Qlik Server Repository using the content library. There is nothing to do with the scripting. Once imported try referring to that Link.

View solution in original post

10 Replies
igdrazil
Creator III
Creator III

Hi Xavier,

what type of file do you want to link to? can you maybe upload it on a server?

Regards

Chris

igdrazil
Creator III
Creator III

You can easily link to a URL via the text & picture object

Test.JPG

see here for example.

Regards

Chris

P.S.: I tried it with a link to a local hdd but it has not opened it (but it would if i paste in directly in the browser)

reivax31
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III
Author

Hi Christoph,

The file can be any type, .pdf, .JPG etc... I want to do the same as a link provided by email that opens a file stored localy or on a server.

But for now I didn't manage to find how to make that link directly into my app.

Regards

Xavier

reivax31
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III
Author

I have explored this option already and I have the same issue. And I couldn't find a syntaxe or whatever to make it work... Or a have to find a way to store the file online et make sure each user has access ...

igdrazil
Creator III
Creator III

I guess you'll have to upload it somewhere to make it accessible in Qlik. If you privacy and security policy accept it, google drive/docs would be an easy way to do this.

There was a youtube extension that used links to open youtube videos and implement them in a sheet, so i guess it would be pretty possible to do a "file-opener"-extension for Qlik but sadly nobody yet did ...

This is what i just found: link to open file on server

Regards

Chris

reddy-s
Master II
Master II

Hi Xavier,

As the file is on the server machine, Try importing it into the content library and provide the link to that file. This might help you solve the issue.

reivax31
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III
Author

Hi Reddy,

What do you mean by importing it into the content Library? Do you mean importing it by adding something in the script? I never used that function...

Best regards

Xavier

reddy-s
Master II
Master II

Hi Xavier,

In the QMC you can import content into the Qlik Server Repository using the content library. There is nothing to do with the scripting. Once imported try referring to that Link.

reivax31
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III
Author

Hi,

If I understand well, this means I need to have Qlik Sense Server. I'm working on Qlik Sense Desktop. I hope we will soon have the enterprise version.

Thanks for your help