Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Wired issue with Oracle Sql Statement

Hi,

We have the oracle 9i as the datasource and connected to Qlikview through the OLEDB Connectivity.

We have an oracle sql statement in the edit script which is running sucessfully sometimes and getting failed sometimes. There is no issues with Sql Statement and with the connectivity.As the error in the log file shows Script error no error. If i am running the same sql statement in any other front end tool it is working fine without throwing error(Not even once error has occured). I am getting the error only in Qlikview that to not all the times.but very few times.I have already posted the issue once. And waiting for experts advice.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Not applicable
Author

Hi,

1. If sql query is travelling through network then it may be the case that too many frames get droped at times resulting in disconnect.

Try running the script and execute a ping <oracle server domain / IP> -t and redirect it too some text file and if your script fails then check the ping log file.

2. If your statement involves too many joins or group by ( sql statement ) then may be oracle rejects it at times.

In this case break it using where clause or having keyword.

Regards,

Shubhasheesh Chakraverty.

View solution in original post

5 Replies
sunil2288
Creator III
Creator III

HI XXX,

Can you just send me the link where you have posted the query.

And please describe thge problem here once again...

Regards

Sunil

Not applicable
Author

Hi,

1. If sql query is travelling through network then it may be the case that too many frames get droped at times resulting in disconnect.

Try running the script and execute a ping <oracle server domain / IP> -t and redirect it too some text file and if your script fails then check the ping log file.

2. If your statement involves too many joins or group by ( sql statement ) then may be oracle rejects it at times.

In this case break it using where clause or having keyword.

Regards,

Shubhasheesh Chakraverty.

Not applicable
Author

Thanks Shubhasheesh Chakraverty,

Is it mandatory if there is any change in the Script i need to reesatbilish the oracle connection ?

Not applicable
Author

Generally No.

but I saw it happened with me, i open another ODBC and deleted this one after 5 min then click on Select button and qlikview ask for the obbc connection. However my Oracle ODBC was on its place and i have not saved the script after opening or deleting second odbc.

Logically they are not possible but in real scenario they happens.

In your case it seems like network reset issue, that means network got reset between resulting qlikview throw error.

Not applicable
Author

Hi XXX.,

Is your Issue resolved kindly reply.

i am also facing the same issue where i am connected to Oracle database but it doesn't fetch any records, just remain as it is " Displaying Connected in the Script after the Connection String", whereas in the Existing Environment its working fine. We are in the Migration Project.

Thanks in advance.

/Arun