Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
inigoelv
Creator
Creator

Fix always minimun selection

Hi everybody:

I have a problem with a complex qlikview that frozen when there is not selection. Excess of calculs.....

My question is to know if it is possible to fix a minimun selection only when I take out all selections, but desappear when I select anyone.

Thanks in advance.

6 Replies
HirisH_V7
Master
Master

Hi ,

• Please check in your expressions it has no selections.{1<>} Set Analysis
  • Can you elaborate your requirement.

-Hirish

HirisH
“Aspire to Inspire before we Expire!”
settu_periasamy
Master III
Master III

Are you talking about chart (straight or any other chart)?

May be try to limit using the Getselectedcount() in general tab..like

Getselectedcount(field1)>0 and Getselectedcount(field2)>0

Kushal_Chawda

You cannot limit the number of selection, But using set analysis you can exclude the selection of Fields from calculation

For example

= sum({<Type={'1'}, Field1=,Field2=>}Sales)

selections from Field1 & Field2 will not affect the calculation or Values will not change. You can include as many field you want to exclude the selection

sunny_talwar

Can you share a sample with expected output so that we can try to help you better?

Gysbert_Wassenaar

Add a calculation condition to your chart that checks the possible number of records given the active selections. Something like =if(sum(aggr(1, Dim1, Dim2, ..., DimN))<10000,1,0). Replace Dim1, Dim2, ..., DimN with the names of the dimensions of your chart. Don't forget to add a custom message for the calculation condition too.

You can find an example here: Re: Calculation Condition - Complex

talk is cheap, supply exceeds demand
Not applicable

Could you share a sample document ?