Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
srinivas1921
Contributor III
Contributor III

on demand report takes more time on access point

Hi All,

Finally I able to download the NPrinting on demand report on access point.but now the issue is it(report queue) takes more time to process completion of report genates.So there is a performance issue now.Even I saved the qvw in normal mode only.

Kindly provide the solution to get report in less time from report queue.

Many thanks in advance for u r great support......

2 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

Not sure what your reference point is.   If I run reports On-Demand, they do usually take longer to run than if I am running a task in the scheduler.   In one of my reports, I can run in the task scheduler and average 30-45 seconds to run depending on the data volume.  If I run the same report on demand from an access point, it almost always takes 2 minutes or longer.

Adam, my friend, or anyone have any benchmark data on the difference in performance between on demand and task scheduling?

Not applicable

I do not have any true benchmark information but Mike, I agree with you - I have noticed that runing the same report on demand takes longer than the task.

Question - in on demand, are you running a single report or a task, and is the report being emailed to multiple people, or are you using dynamic naming - these are feature/functions that can cause a report to take longer to run