Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

health in the UK

Qlik Association represents the relationship between PATIENT pathways and CARE models,

it's the key to integarted care !! without the DATA model, there is no chance of keeping the thing afloat ...

talking will not DO IT, i.e. keep IT afloat !!!

7 Replies
petter
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

Could you please be a bit more specific?

Not applicable
Author

hi

i think the best data model in the world is the NHS data model, however it has fallen way behind in its deployment and since people have stopped talking about the NPfIT (the national programme (health) for IT) it has also lost the focus, shame on the NHS because no other institution/organisation i have ever come across is allowed to take such an academic app roach (i.e. all talk and no do), possibly some of the universities [p.s. health is very different to education].

i think in health, for reasons of efficiency and helping to treat all fairly, data should be managed @ a national level

I am not sure if you are interested in health? but if you are maybe we can connect?

e.g. in the states a patient pathway is a bit like a patient case, and i am not sure where they are with the integartion of care activity (in the UK care models have been introduced)

specifically there is a many to many relationship between patient pathways (problems are often connected) and this association is represented by a care model - hope that makes sense to you?

ogster1974
Partner - Master II
Partner - Master II

Are you looking to connect with people that use QlikView in the Health Sector?

You haven't actually asked a question the Qlik community can help answer at least from what I can see.

Not applicable
Author

could you please advise whether or not option 1 would be significantly fore efficient than option 2:

choice 1 - KeepItSimple

only one table:

HEALTH TRANSACTION NUMBER

TEAM NAME

CLUSTER NAME

TREATMENT FUNCTION NAME

DRUG NAME

COLOR1

COLOR2

COLOR3

(almost forgot)

INSTITUTION NAME

choice 2 - use Qlik Associative Tech, multiple tables, no joins:

HEALTH TRANSACTION NUMBER

TEAM CODE

CLUSTER CODE

TREATMENT FUNCTION CODE

DRUG CODE

COLOR CODE1

COLOR CODE2

COLOR CODE3

(almost forgot)

INSTITUTION CODE

TEAM table

CODE

NAME

CLUSTER table

CODE

NAME

TREATMENT FUNCTION table

CODE

NAME

DRUG table

CODE

NAME

COLOR TABLE

CODE

NAME

INSTITUTION TABLE

CODE

NAME

Significant?

Please bear in mind that there could be a lot of people (millions) with a lot of patient centric health transactions (thousands).

Just looking fore a rough idea, thank you to support.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Use your option 1.

ogster1974
Partner - Master II
Partner - Master II

A simple table will be more efficient than star data model which will be more efficient than a snowflake data model.

The size of your App will probably be larger as you will contain a lot of duplicate details. Also your load time will be longer as you are loading data you do not need but as all your data is in one table you can filter to your hearts content without losing records to the wrong side of a join.

I'd be inclined to try a Star Data Model as you are using Qlik and seems a shame not to use its Associative data model.  Maybe try with a sub set of your data and ramp it up to test performance.

Not applicable
Author

thanks for your thoughts