Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Hi friends, how to connect qliksense with mysql using jdbc in windows? Any one have idea please suggest me.

Hi friends, how to connect qliksense with mysql using jdbc in windows? Any one have idea please suggest me.

Thanks,

Bibhuti

17 Replies
Not applicable
Author

Hi Balraj,

Is qlikview and qliksense both supports same type of connection . I think it's different.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

I dont think so as of now in QS but in coming Version of QS you can expect

Not applicable
Author

Do you have that link??

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Dear,

Both are almost same product when it comes to connectivity, the only things is QV supports now and QS will supports later

When it comes connection with Big data, JDBC still not into picture but alternates is their:

Qlik’s primary way to leverage CDH as a source is via ODBC. Qlik leverages the free Apache Hive ODBC connector and Impala ODBC connector, both of which have been certified with Qlik (Version Compatibility tab):

The Cloudera Connectors enable Qlik Sense to access Hadoop data by passing SQL queries to the underlying Impala or Hive engines. Data can be extracted either as a batch load (using Hive connector) or real-time via Qlik’s Direct Discovery feature (using the Impala connector). Within the context of a Qlik Sense application, the connections to Cloudera become a source that can co-exist with other sources (relational databases, flat files, and so on) within the associative model of the Qlik Sense application in question.

jagan
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

Hi Sahoo,

You have to purchase the JDBC connector then only you can able to connect to JDBC, this is similar to connectors like REST, SAP, Salesforce, Facebook, Twitter etc.

Some other third party connectors you can get from

List Of Connectors For QlikView & Qlik Sense

Connector - Type

Qlik Connector Packages

OR you can create your own connector.

Hope this helps you.

Regards,

Jagan.

Not applicable
Author

Thanks all,

I have configured drill with centos succssfully.

Thanks all , specially @Balraj  for your kind response..

Bibhuti

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

NP, close this thread by selecting right answer as it may help others in future