Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Can you left join a concatenated table with a regular one?

Hi guys,

I was wondering if you can left join a concatenated table with a regular one? If so, what would it look like?

Sincerely,

Betty Habtemariam

11 Replies
tresesco
MVP
MVP

Or, probably it would be better, if you can let us know how you want it and we show you how. Try to explain your requirement with an example and sample data set.

Not applicable
Author

Okay, I guess I can do that 😃

So I got lots of tables that had the same fields. I concatenated them into 1 table that looks like this now:

Connecting visitors to hour and time.PNG

I have another table that looks like this:
Customer.PNG

I'm going to try and connect a visitor to date and time and thought that it's done by connecting these 2 tables maybe?

I won't know for sure until I've tried it, hence my asking this.

Sincerely,

Betty Habtemariam

reddy-s
Master II
Master II

Hi Betty,

Is it possible to provide a sample of the data set.

But assuming from your explanation, you will be having duplicated data in your data model doing so.

Thanks and Regards,

Sangram Reddy.

Not applicable
Author

Hi Sangram, nice to see you. I hope all is well with you 😃

I provided 2 samples just a minute or two before you wrote to me.

Sincerely,

Betty Habtemariam

tresesco
MVP
MVP

Your Customer table looks good. QlikView makes association with the fields with same name in different tables, and there you might not need a join. Therefore, if you want to associate (or join) Customer table with the concatenated table, there has to be ideally a field [%OredrCustomerID] in the concatenated table as well and the tables will be associated properly without any extra hassle.

Not applicable
Author

I figured... Such a shame there isn't one

Sincerely,

Betty Habtemariam

reddy-s
Master II
Master II

Hi Betty,

Following on from the conversation with Tresesco,

You will need two common fields to make associations and looks like its not possible in your case. What is your requirement? May be we can achieve it in a different way.

Not applicable
Author

I got the data from someone and i just heard that something is missing. I won't be able to get a hold of the complete data 'till tomorrow when he comes. I'll be online tomorrow and will tell you a little more about it 😃

Have a nice day 'till then 😃

Sincerely,

Betty Habtemariam

Not applicable
Author

Hi Sangram and Tresesco,

It's working now. I connected the GA Date to the Date in the Calendar table instead and now the visualization is working as it should. I'm so very new at this that it takes time to get something done sometimes.

Sincerely,

Betty Habtemariam