Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Acces denied in supporting database task

All,

I set up a a supporting database task in Publisher that calls a stored procedure which does a bulk upload from a text file exported by QlikView. I followed the tips in Simple DB-Command Task in QVS/QV-Publisher 9 SR1?? and the procedure gets started, but when it comes to the point where it accesses the file, it throws 'Cannot bulk load because the file xxxxx could not be opened. Operating system error code 5(Access is denied.).' I am using a SQL Server account in the connection string and gave read+execute rights to the service account running SQL Server. I used the UNC notation in the filepath.

My environment is: QV 11 SR12, SQl Server 2008 R2.

Any ideas?

Kind regards,

Gerard

2 Replies
Peter_Cammaert
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

Check the Windows permissions the service account has on the file to load and store in the SQL database. Your service account isn't allowed to open that file. Is it a network file and is your service account a domain account with sufficient access rights to open a file in a share?

Peter

Not applicable
Author

Thanks Peter, I got it to work now, It was indeed an issue with the security for the service account on the file.

All thanks to postings on this forum as I couldn't find proper documentation of this nice feature.