Defect acknowledgement with Nprinting Engine May 2022 SR2, please READ HERE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
renuka_sasikumar
Creator III
Creator III

NPrinting Error while distribution of report.

Hi,

I have a task in Window Scheduler, where I have scheduled a Batch.file for reload of QVW & to send reports via NPrinting.

Here my QVW gets load but Mail doesn't get trigger but the same batch file if I run manually (i.e not in task scheduler) QVW get reload & plus the Mail get triggered via Nprinting.

Below is the Nprinting log

Application 1/12/2016 4:44:34 PM Information NPrinting for QlikView

Application 1/12/2016 4:44:34 PM Information NPrinting version: 15.0.1.9

Application 1/12/2016 4:44:34 PM Information Log File: C:\Users\Public\Documents\NPrinting\Log\20160112_nprinting.log

Application 1/12/2016 4:44:34 PM Message Run Job: Trade Report

Application 1/12/2016 4:44:34 PM Message Run Task: Trade Report

Application 1/12/2016 4:44:34 PM Error Connection error to D:\Qlikview_Phase2\Daily Trade Report\Stage3\QVDMaker\Daily Trade Data Model.qvw; Access is denied

Application 1/12/2016 4:44:34 PM Message Terminate Task: Trade Report

Application 1/12/2016 4:44:34 PM Message This task took 0 seconds to execute

Application 1/12/2016 4:44:34 PM Message -------------------

Application 1/12/2016 4:44:34 PM Message Terminate Job: Trade Report

Application 1/12/2016 4:44:34 PM Message Stopping scheduler

There is no any section access given on QVW. still the error shows Access Denied but don't know of what

Please help me on this.

Regards,

Renuka S

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
renuka_sasikumar
Creator III
Creator III
Author

Thanks everyone.

This problem resolved, only things is I checked on Run with highest privileges at Window Task Scheduler - Task.NPrinting.JPG

Regards,

Renuka S

View solution in original post

10 Replies
Not applicable

when you run it manually and it works, are you running it from the same machine, under the same user as the service is on.

I would suggest intalling designer on the same machine as the nprinting service, and run the task manually

I see that it is looking at the D drive??? is that qvw located on the D drive of the machine where the service is installed?

I would avoid using mapped drives, even if it points to the same machine in case the service is isntalled later on some place eles - UNC naming of all NPrinting files (templates, nsq, etc) will avoid most access issues, different mapped drives under different users, not all machines having the mapped drive, etc.

Not applicable

There is no need of bat file to load the qvw and distribute the task.

You can have separate task for loading the qvw and distribution of the reports. Then create a job, which runs the load qvw task first and then the task to distribute the reports.

You can schedule your job to run at specific times.

Or if you want the user to run the reports then you can use On-Demand feature of Nprinting to first load the task and then run the report run task.

Not applicable

There are also other tasks that you can run before the report task in order to reload the application prior to running the report - they are called reload tasks.

Some places I have worked only want the applciaitons to reload through the qmc but if you are running a batch, the reload though nprinting should be fine

renuka_sasikumar
Creator III
Creator III
Author

Hi Tripti,

Thanks for your reply.

I tried doing scheduling of a job, but it is not getting triggered.

Here nothing happens automatically, everything I have to do manually.

Regards,

Renuka S

renuka_sasikumar
Creator III
Creator III
Author

Hi Adam,

THanks for your reply.

Yes I am running from the same machine, under the same user.

Yes it is in D Drive & NPrinting is in C Drive.

Regards,

Renuka S

Not applicable

Renuka

If I understand correctly, when you run the task manually from the same machine wehre the service is isntalled,everything works, but does not work when you schedule it, nothing is scheduled.

Please make sure when you schedule, you create a job containing the task and then a schedule, which contains the job.  Very often, when I create my schedules, I set the time, frequency but forget to assign the job to the schedule.

zeeshanadeel
Contributor III
Contributor III

It seems like access rights issue.

Are you using same AD account to trigger the batch file manually and through scheduler? Some companies configure different AD Service Account to run tasks. if both accounts are different, can you login with service account and run the job manually? It looks like service account that is running auto batch file does not have proper access rights.

Not applicable

Once you have configured the schedule in the nsq file.

Go to  Nprinting Server -> Services tab, Stop the services, add the nsq file which is having your schedule and then start the services again.

Make sure the Log On : Active Account on the Services tab which shows the user which is allowed to run the services, has the permission on the nsq file also. You can verify it through the properties->security tab of the nsq file.

On the Monitoring tab, you will be able to see the time, when the schedule will run as per the time specified in the nsq file.

renuka_sasikumar
Creator III
Creator III
Author

Thanks for your reply.

Yes I am checking the same with the IT person.

I think AD Service Account to run tasks is different.

Regards,

Renuka S