Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

KPI results in " - "

I'm trying to calculate the percentage hours toward monthly goal.  Separately, I've confirmed that my numerator and denominator give me the desired results, but when I try to divide the numerator by the denominator, I get " - " in my KPI.  The calculation is:

Sum(if(BUDGET_MONTH_CAL=MONTH(TODAY()),duration/60)))/if(BUDGET_MONTH_CAL=MONTH(TODAY()), BUDGET_AMT_PROG)

Should I be calculating this percentage?

12 Replies
sunny_talwar

May be try this:

Sum({<BUDGET_MONTH_CAL = {"$(=Month(Today()))"}>} duration/60)/Only({<BUDGET_MONTH_CAL = {"$(=Month(Today()))"}>} BUDGET_AMT_PROG)

Not applicable
Author

Hi Sunny - Thank you very much for responding.  Unfortunately, same result, though.

sunny_talwar

What values do you get for them individually? Is it a very small number divided by a huge number? (10/10000?) May be we just need to format it correctly to view it.

Not applicable
Author

Current numbers are 195 / 925.  I have the formatting set to custom at ##%.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

try like this?

num((Sum({<BUDGET_MONTH_CAL={'=$(=MONTH(TODAY()))'}>} duration)/60)

/

Sum({<BUDGET_MONTH_CAL={'=$(=MONTH(TODAY()))'}>} BUDGET_AMT_PROG)),'#,##0%')

Note: Make sure BUDGET_MONTH_CAL should have numeric value as Month() will return 1,2,3,4 etc

Not applicable
Author

Hi Balraj - No luck with that.  One thing I did just test is if I entered the actual value for the denominator vs. the calculated numerator and vice versa.

If I enter the actual numerator and calc the denominator, I get "-".

If I calc the numerator and enter the actual denominator, I get the desired results.

Not sure if that means anything.

sunny_talwar

Can you change the formatting to regular number formatting and see if you see 0.21

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

It means your actual denominator part of expression is not working?

Not applicable
Author

It's not working when I combine it with the numerator, but when each of them stands alone, they are fine.