Announcements
Defect acknowledgement with Nprinting Engine May 2022 SR2, please READ HERE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Blank Year in On Demand PDF

I have a formula in NPrinting that displays the date correctly in edit mode, but when I run the report in On Pemand the PDF shows the Year as blank.  Any ideas?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Not applicable
Author

If you format that cell be be a date field, it will convert it to the date format you select

View solution in original post

8 Replies
Not applicable
Author

The formula is :  ='Snapshot Date = '& [Snapshot Date Select] & '      Usage Year = ' & [Usage Year Select]& '      Usage Months = ' & min([Usage Mon Name]) &' - ' &max([Usage Mon Name])

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

What template type are you using?   If you choose that template in On-Demand instead of PDF does it work?

I am assuming you are placing your calculated formula in a text box.  Is it possible the date is too big to fit in the space you have allocated.  Is there a carriage return in there accidentally?

Not applicable
Author

I was using the excel template. The date does not display correctly when I do a preview in NPrinting which is in excel format.

Gary Westman | Developer – MLT Data Warehouse

Delta Air Lines | 1500 Towerview Road | Department 114 | Eagan, MN 55121

Not applicable
Author

I am using a formula and dropping into an excel cell. Other formulas without dates are working fine.

Not applicable
Author

This is odd. I added another formula to the row =today() and the other date values are now displaying on the other formula. Unfortunately the =today() cell shows 42381 instead of todays date.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Your answer means you likely don't have an on demand problem.

If you go to your QV app and create a text box, does your formula show you the desired result?

You may need to create your formula using a variable in QV and then place it in your output in Excel.

Not applicable
Author

If you format that cell be be a date field, it will convert it to the date format you select

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

=date(today(),'MM/DD/YYYY')  will fix the date issue