Defect acknowledgement with Nprinting Engine May 2022 SR2, please READ HERE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
srinivas1921
Contributor III
Contributor III

can we enabled excel filters in Nprinting?

Hi

we used the filter option to get filtered data within excel sheet.Now my query is, is this filter enabled in the Nprinting side?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Not applicable

If I understand correctly, when you filter in Excel, you are selecting a value(s) from a drop list in that column.

I believe if you build that into your nprinting tempalte it would work, but in my opinion, you can make different sheets using the page function or breaks within a sheet using levels to get the information broken out by the field you are filtering on.

View solution in original post

5 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

Not sure what your question is?

Can you try to clarify what you are doing when you are expecting your result?

Not applicable

If I understand correctly, when you filter in Excel, you are selecting a value(s) from a drop list in that column.

I believe if you build that into your nprinting tempalte it would work, but in my opinion, you can make different sheets using the page function or breaks within a sheet using levels to get the information broken out by the field you are filtering on.

srinivas1921
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Hi Adam,

Can u please explain me that how to create that filter functionality within Nprinting generated excel attachment.

Many thanks your great support.......

Not applicable

for each recipient you define in your task, you would assign a filter to them.  The filter will then give them only inforamtion that meets the filter, such is region, area, etc.  The links below should step you through the process.

The first link talks about creating filters and the others discuss various ways to assign the filter to a recipient

How to Create Static and Dynamic Filters Based on Fields

How to Add Filters to Recipients

How to Create and Import Recipients with Filters and Distribution Groups

Please let me know if I can be of further assistance

zeeshanadeel
Contributor III
Contributor III

No, you cannot. Neither you can sort data nor apply filter directly in excel template, it simply doesn't work in NPrinting.