Announcements
Defect acknowledgement with Nprinting Engine May 2022 SR2, please READ HERE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

nP filter creates "empty result" when data exists

I have a report which is supposed to be filtered to the previous day's activities. Here is the nP log:

npONDATE.jpg

However, when I open the QVW, and select CATable.OnDate = '1/11/2106', I get the following:

npCSR.PNG

How can this be? The straight table has 46 rows, but nP says it's empty. Scratching my head on this one!

14 Replies
Not applicable
Author

Adam, I'm not even sure you CAN create a bookmark with a variable.

At any rate, why would I want to use a bookmark instead of a variable? As I've said, this works perfectly fine on most of my reports (most of them are to report activity the previous day, which is why I know that formula in my sleep).

And, as my latest update notes, this filter works fine ONCE I UNCHECKED the "verify filter" option.

Not sure how to end this particular discussion, as my problem is resolved, but not because of anyone's answer!

Not applicable
Author

the verify filter prevents a blank report from being sent out - it should not affect the results.

The idea behind verify filter is if there is no data, do not create or send out an empty report.  If there is no data and verify is not checked, then the user would receive a blank report

Not applicable
Author

I only asked to use a filter from a bookmark, which you can do, as a way of trouble shooting and trying to help

here is nprintings definition of verify filter

Verify Filter: suppress the report if the filter produces a null data set

You can try and mark your answer, where you removed the verify filter as the correct answer

Not applicable
Author

Geez, Adam, I'm not an idiot. Why do you think I had 'verify filter' checked in the first place? This particular report often has no data, and I didn't want to send empty reports.

However, in this case, having the 'verify filter' option is suppressing reports THAT DO HAVE RESULTS. That's why I was surprised at what happened.

Not applicable
Author

was not implying that you were - if the large font offended you I am sorry - I did a cut/paste from a NPrinting PowerPoint presentation.  I agree with you in the fact that it appears to be working backwards